Let's See Pics of Your Nordic >

Let's See Pics of Your Nordic

Notices

Let's See Pics of Your Nordic

Old 11-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's See Pics of Your Nordic

Best wishes on your upgrade.....The 35 is a great machine.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Registered

Rage the boat is a 25 Rage.

TSPM Thank you, although I'm not looking forward to the sales process.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lavish62

How does the Rage handle above 80mph?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Surprisingly she is very stable although you definitely know that you aren't riding on much of the hull. Its quite a fun hot hod to drive around. From 40mph or 60mph she really gets up fast and starts running
Old 11-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's good to hear. I am trying to zero in on the max desirable speed target for the Rage. Is there a speed above which it you feel it is not advisable to do anything but stay in a straight line?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Registered

It really depends on the type of water you are running in. Although personally I don't think I would like to see that boat much over 100mph. But I am sure it will handle it.

What are you running in the boat right know?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am just completing the process of converting a 2005 496HO to a Gen I HP3. Should be in the 525hp range if I got it right. Recalibrated ECU and repitched prop in route to me now. It was an exercise of hp on a budget.

Now I am looking to the future and what would be the next step that the Rage hull would tolerate well but still looking for the the best bang for the buck. I will be accumulating significant hours on the current upgrade before any future engine work will happen.

RocketMan hit 107 mph in a Rage at one of the shootouts running nitrous with an Imco drive. His answer to my question was that as long as accelerating the handleing was ok but when letting off the gas above 80 mph it was touchy. Your thoughts?

When you say it depends on the type of water you are running in could you give some examples of how the Rage responds to different water conditions as a function of mph?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

When I would run the boat above 80 it was usually pretty stable until I trimmed it up all the way, and then it would want to chime walk a bit. It was usually pretty safe but I would let off the throttle a bit and it would settle down.

As far as the different conditions I felt that the boat didn't handle the digger chop on the lake as well as I would have liked. The chop that we ran in was usually like a washing machine so of course its not going to perform well. It likes to land on its side in that kind of water. When I would make that fast blasts I would do it in fairly smooth water, and I didn't feel that it porpoised or anything like that. Like I said before the only thing I would notice is a little chime walk, but back it down and that calms it down.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lavish62
When I would run the boat above 80 it was usually pretty stable until I trimmed it up all the way, and then it would want to chime walk a bit. It was usually pretty safe but I would let off the throttle a bit and it would settle down.

As far as the different conditions I felt that the boat didn't handle the digger chop on the lake as well as I would have liked. The chop that we ran in was usually like a washing machine so of course its not going to perform well. It likes to land on its side in that kind of water. When I would make that fast blasts I would do it in fairly smooth water, and I didn't feel that it porpoised or anything like that. Like I said before the only thing I would notice is a little chime walk, but back it down and that calms it down.
Sounds like the Rage I know and love. Same here on the fast blasts. Light boats do not like rough water and high speed that much. Does using the tabs for controlling chine walk in rougher water at the higher speeds help any? With my limited hp it just slows it down so can not determine if the tabs are improving the situation or the slower speed is.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered

Rage

I typically don't use the tabs for the chine walk, usually I'll just back off the throttle a little and she settles down. I really only use the tabs when taking off, long runs to even her out, or in rough water. I've found that they make the boat porpoise at lower speeds any comments on that?

Quick Reply: Let's See Pics of Your Nordic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.