Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Buying a new Nordic... Some questions. >

Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Notices

Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Just registered here a few min. ago.

I'm going to be (hopefully) buying a brand new 2006 Nordic. I just have to drive to the dealer and look at the boat to make sure it's the one for me. It's the 28 Heat Mid-Cabin. Anybody here that has a Mid-Cabin, could you please post your thoughts on what you like about the boat?

The boat doesn't have Trim Tabs, because the dealer said the boat was designed to not need them. Anybody have thoughts on this? I'm used to having Tabs. I boat on Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

I've also been looking at Sunsation, and they have the doors closing the cabin from the cockpit and open bow. Nordic is fully open, which is new to me. My only concern is being caught in a small storm, everything in the cuddy may get a bit wet.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

Default Re: Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

What power are you looking to put in the boat...or what does it have.

Also I reccomend tabs on the 28 for rough water and stabilization.

The boat is well balanced without them but is awesome with them. It woill also plane faster with tabs.

You can also call us direct as the East Coast Nordic Dealer for more information.

Paul - Tri-State Performance Marine
(631) 724-8707
Old 08-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

Enzo386,

I have a 25’ Rage and love the mid cabin. It’s a good place to go when it gets hot here in Texas and also great for any little ones that might go out on the boat. I have trim tabs on mine and I have a couple of friends that have them on their boat, If you are going to have a lot of people on the boat they are great for leveling the boat out so you are not running down the lake sideways or having to shift people around to level the boat out.

What I usually do when it rains is to put the bow cover on and the bimni up and seems to take care of the problem.

TX_Instigator
Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Registered

I always get a chuckle out of dealers and manufacturers that claim their boats don't need trim tabs. Ignore them.

My personal opinion: NEVER buy any performance boat without trim tabs and indicators (and with anything above
496 HO MAG power, external steering).

Pesky Varmint
35 Nordic (owned a 25 in the past, driven several
28's up to 600hp).
Old 08-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Registered

Pesky Varmint: Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'll just have them added. The boat has the 496 Mag HO.

TX_Instigator: Thanks for the input. Have you had any problems with the boat yet? Also, what year is it? Thanks.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Enzo386

Not a one, I have owned a lot of boats and have always found screws, nuts and bolts in the bulge and not a one on this boat. My boat is a 2005. I bought it last spring from Full Throttle Marine in Austin, TX. He built me a 540 that ran 80.2 on the GPS.

Bob at FTM in the process of installing a Procharger on it now. Can't wait to run it.

TX_Instigator
Old 08-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enzo386
Just registered here a few min. ago.

I'm going to be (hopefully) buying a brand new 2006 Nordic. I just have to drive to the dealer and look at the boat to make sure it's the one for me. It's the 28 Heat Mid-Cabin. Anybody here that has a Mid-Cabin, could you please post your thoughts on what you like about the boat?

The boat doesn't have Trim Tabs, because the dealer said the boat was designed to not need them. Anybody have thoughts on this? I'm used to having Tabs. I boat on Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

I've also been looking at Sunsation, and they have the doors closing the cabin from the cockpit and open bow. Nordic is fully open, which is new to me. My only concern is being caught in a small storm, everything in the cuddy may get a bit wet.

Thanks!
That's funny you say that i had nordic tell me the same thing and they also told me they don't need a ladder because they have a different boating style in CA .I'll have my heat (496ho)at loto labor day weekend if you want to see or go for a ride. i had k-planes installed and i love them. one more thing most nordics need the drive lowered 1". i did mine and picked up 4 mph.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Registered

Boat gets on plane without the tabs but it's much quicker with them. I've got Dana tabs and wouldn't be without them. Not only for the getting on plane quicker aspect of it but just the fact that when you have an uneven load or the boat for some reason lists to one side you can easily correct the situation. Also when you're running in rough water and you drop your tabs a bit the boat flies more level. They keep the nose down when you want the nose down. As far as the Nordic end of the equation - you won't be dissapointed. It's a nice boat. Mine is a 28 closed bow with 525 efi. If you can wait a while I heard there is a 32 in the works. Available with single or twin. It might be worth the wait. Those few extra feet make a huge differance. Hopefully some of that space is added to the cockpit.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered

Looking more like a 31 from my info as a dealer.

Single or twin and a choice of composite layups that will cover full blown race to pleasure and everything in between.

The factory size will double over the next year ( saw the blueprint plans when at the Regatta) a special division will be dedicated to Ultra High Perf builds. Another Randy Davis implementation.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

www.gruningersinc.com HAS 28 WITH TABS 35 DEMO IN STL READY FOR IMMEDIATE DEL CHECKEM OUT

Quick Reply: Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.