Nordic Trailer Protection

Notices

Nordic Trailer Protection

Old 11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Trailer Protection

Unfortunately my trailer sits out in the elements in an uncovered trailer parking area. The boat is permanently on a Hydra Hoist unless going for service or to other lake which is rare. It is a 2005 Rage trailer and already starting to rust and paint oxidize from the elements.

Any suggestions how to "mothball" the trailer so it will not deteriorate. I do have the tire covers on all tires.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: Nordic Trailer Protection

Originally Posted by Rage
Unfortunately my trailer sits out in the elements in an uncovered trailer parking area. The boat is permanently on a Hydra Hoist unless going for service or to other lake which is rare. It is a 2005 Rage trailer and already starting to rust and paint oxidize from the elements.

Any suggestions how to "mothball" the trailer so it will not deteriorate. I do have the tire covers on all tires.
Clean it very well.....spray it down with a quality HD Marine Silicone spray like CRC.....cover the entire rig with a tarp.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

CRC works well but I have found a product called T9 Boeshield. It is a silicon type spray that bonds to whatever you put it on. It is very durable and will not have to be applied as much as CRC. The aircraft industry uses it on everything. It is a little pricey at 7 or 8 bucks a can but worth every penny. Use it on everything. Engine trailer anything that gets hurt from weather or moisture...
Old 11-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Titan
CRC works well but I have found a product called T9 Boeshield. It is a silicon type spray that bonds to whatever you put it on. It is very durable and will not have to be applied as much as CRC. The aircraft industry uses it on everything. It is a little pricey at 7 or 8 bucks a can but worth every penny. Use it on everything. Engine trailer anything that gets hurt from weather or moisture...
Hey thanks Titan! This sounds surprisingly like the "Liquid Film" product on the following web site that was suggested in the Q&A section but obviously a different name. http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/locator/dealer.html