Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
2007 HEAT with the NEW ILMOR 700 >

2007 HEAT with the NEW ILMOR 700

Notices

2007 HEAT with the NEW ILMOR 700

Old 03-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I almost forgot......and I know you would like to know this so....

1 inch spacer / bone stock Merc Bravo 4 blade 26P / 1.50 ratio =

90 MPH with 9% slip at 6000 RPM
Old 03-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,
Great #s on a great looking boat. Has it ever occured to our friends at Nordic to just lower the X dimension 1", since 90% of us that are running well have to add a 1" spacer, including this test boat ?
It would make life so much easier for owners setting them up, and you dealers too. It would also help handling a little with a lower CG on the motor and drive, and allow more hatch clearance for those of us that run superchargers.
It sounds like this new Ilmor 710 is the real deal. I hear it's a significant upgrade in $$ vs the 625.......true? How does it price out against the HP700SCi Merc?
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TSPM
Oh I almost forgot......and I know you would like to know this so....

1 inch spacer / bone stock Merc Bravo 4 blade 26P / 1.50 ratio =

90 MPH with 9% slip at 6000 RPM
Actually, a "bone stock" 26 pitch Bravo is a true 24.5" pitch prop so 3% slip is awesome!!

Maybe Nordic can teach Skater something

Truly a remarkable setup
Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Paul,
Great #s on a great looking boat. Has it ever occured to our friends at Nordic to just lower the X dimension 1", since 90% of us that are running well have to add a 1" spacer, including this test boat ?
It would make life so much easier for owners setting them up, and you dealers too. It would also help handling a little with a lower CG on the motor and drive, and allow more hatch clearance for those of us that run superchargers.
It sounds like this new Ilmor 710 is the real deal. I hear it's a significant upgrade in $$ vs the 625.......true? How does it price out against the HP700SCi Merc?
Regards,
Steve
Yeah I think it finally sunk in to lower the X a bit...seems like the inch or so works on all motor applications

It is very close in price to the 700/NXT package....kind of a trade off......the Merc puts out a bit more HP on the DYNO than ILMOR but the ILMOR is lighter. The Merc comes with the NXT that enables you to use #6 props on it which opens up many application.

Our Ilmor boat is loaded with the best of the best. MSRP is around 178k......I can put together a very good deal if anyone is interested call us (631) 724-8707. Now that THIS particular boat will be i Powerbaot and featured in all the Toyota Tundra ads and TV commercials all summer it would be fun to own and will hold its value for being a high profile boat.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh, those numbers are not reallistic. Possibly a 1.36 gear ratio or more pitch. We all know it takes more than 700 HP to run 90 in a Heat. Here's some food for thought. I suspect they are under rating the HP on these engines, probably using a different (more conservative) test and correction method. I'm thinking if we put that engine on my dyno it probably makes a whole lot more than 700 HP, using the SAE standard correction method. That and the fact that it's much lighter than a GM based engine could explain the speed.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

The motor is a true 710hp. I think that they dialed the boat n perfectly. I cant wait to read the article in powerboat magazine. I think its possible. Im shooting for 77 gps with a 500efi. I hit 73.4 with a non labbed 26 p5x at 5000 rpms. I still have to lab the prop and do a few other tricks.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Yeh, those numbers are not reallistic. Possibly a 1.36 gear ratio or more pitch. We all know it takes more than 700 HP to run 90 in a Heat. Here's some food for thought. I suspect they are under rating the HP on these engines, probably using a different (more conservative) test and correction method. I'm thinking if we put that engine on my dyno it probably makes a whole lot more than 700 HP, using the SAE standard correction method. That and the fact that it's much lighter than a GM based engine could explain the speed.
Well the numbers are real and achieved by 2 different Powerboat testers.....Bob Teague and John Tomlinson with mulitple passes. You are welcome to call them and confirm this information.

Yes the motors V-10's are lighter and generate more torque than the Mercury. They also rev limit at 6000 RPM which is higher than the Merc 700 @ 5300 Max RPM....in addition the NXT drive eats up HP.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TSPM
Well the numbers are real and achieved by 2 different Powerboat testers.....Bob Teague and John Tomlinson with mulitple passes. You are welcome to call them and confirm this information.

Yes the motors V-10's are lighter and generate more torque than the Mercury. They also rev limit at 6000 RPM which is higher than the Merc 700 @ 5300 Max RPM....in addition the NXT drive eats up HP.

Oh, I don't doubt the speed they achieved. But I also know you can't dispute physics. Getting 90 MPH with a 26 pitch prop and 1.5 gears, even at 6000 RPM is not going to happen in that boat. The math doesn't work. The numbers are dead on for 1.36 gears or a 28" pitch prop.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Not trying to be a hater but I am agree with BobL. #'s and physics don't lie. That is one sick boat!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

Hey I could be wrong on the gear ratio...I assumed 1:50 but it could very well be a 1:36. Either way it ran 90 The Adrenaline V-30 with the Merc 700/NXT ran 92.2 so the Heat did very well against some stiff competition

Quick Reply: 2007 HEAT with the NEW ILMOR 700

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.