Procharger for my 28 Heat ??? >

Procharger for my 28 Heat ???

Notices

Procharger for my 28 Heat ???

Old 09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger for my 28 Heat ???

Thinking about a procharger for my 28 heat. 496ho, brovo xr, single ram hydro steering, trim tabs. Just wondering of anybody has any info on this. I'm thinking of only 3.5 psi so the stock internals will still hold together. but the boot seams to have alll the other good stuff aready. just want to go faster. For about $6000 will get me the kit and a new prop. What is the best speed choice for the money???
Old 09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered

tyler crockett heads cam package
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Sounds little like Raylar. I'm sure that thats a great rout but you have to tear the motor apart. And the kit is $6300. I can get more power that is cheaper and way easyer to install. Maby I should sell my ho with 100hrs on it and take that money and $6000 to buy something eles??? 525?? Who knows???
Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

I second the Raylar upgrade. Don't mess with superchargers on stock 496's.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

I was looking to do a Procharger and was convinced to go Raylar after alot of input. I have never regretted it
Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

What are your impressions of Raylar?

I am just finishing the process with him.

It hasn't been horrible, just a little under-whelming and a lot slower than I expected... among a few other customer service/communication related issues. Ray seems like a nice guy, but I have felt like an after-thought through the whole process. I was almost always the one calling to check in on progress, time-lines, etc.

I haven't gotten to run the engine yet. As soon as we tried to start the engine, it started throwing some codes and is locked in guardian mode. I am having Precision Offshore address whatever issues there may be. I hope they are minor.

I did some outside research, but have only seen two people on here who actually have the kit installed (Two obviously had a bad experience and two had good experiences). Outside of those four, I would love to hear from others as to how the build process went.

I know Ray had some personal issues with his associates/shop-workers, so that may have aggravated some of these issues. I want to know what to expect once I start running it from a reliability standpoint and a customer service standpoint. Thanks!

Eric
Old 11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

I have 145 hours on my Raylar install and have had no problems with it at all.......I had Bob Lloyd og Full throttle marine do all the work and the ordering of parts...So i have no idea how Ray was to work with...I know Bob has installed I think 3 kits to date
Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Just bought s procharger for the 500 efi. Going to redo the fuel system and scap the one with the kit.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And...Bent runs his boat hard. He really doesn't need a throttle, just an on-off switch.

Originally Posted by boatingbent
I have 145 hours on my Raylar install and have had no problems with it at all.......I had Bob Lloyd og Full throttle marine do all the work and the ordering of parts...So i have no idea how Ray was to work with...I know Bob has installed I think 3 kits to date
Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ekbearly
What are your impressions of Raylar?

I am just finishing the process with him.

It hasn't been horrible, just a little under-whelming and a lot slower than I expected... among a few other customer service/communication related issues. Ray seems like a nice guy, but I have felt like an after-thought through the whole process. I was almost always the one calling to check in on progress, time-lines, etc.

I haven't gotten to run the engine yet. As soon as we tried to start the engine, it started throwing some codes and is locked in guardian mode. I am having Precision Offshore address whatever issues there may be. I hope they are minor.

I did some outside research, but have only seen two people on here who actually have the kit installed (Two obviously had a bad experience and two had good experiences). Outside of those four, I would love to hear from others as to how the build process went.

I know Ray had some personal issues with his associates/shop-workers, so that may have aggravated some of these issues. I want to know what to expect once I start running it from a reliability standpoint and a customer service standpoint. Thanks!

Eric
Eric,
I can tell you your story sounds similar to mine, BUT, once the job was completed and I needed to call Ray for questions he was VERY helpful. I think his customer service after the install is excellent. The pains in the beginning were all worth the end result. Like I said before, I am very happy with my build...and I hate to sell it(the boat)
Marc

Quick Reply: Procharger for my 28 Heat ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.