P5X results   " WOW " >

P5X results " WOW "

Notices

P5X results " WOW "

Old 04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P5X results " WOW "

I got my hydromotive prop on friday and tested it on sat. Wow this thing is just what the boat needed. I think that I'm in love. The boat came out of the hole nice and smooth. Planed well, and the best part is it really hooked up! I'm down to 13% slip from the 20+ i was at before. The boat almost hit 77 gps on glass with no chop. The boat came alive with this prop. I'm turing 5400 rpm and trimed about half way up shoting a little roost but not very big. PERFECT!!! I'm ready for some 1 to 2 foot chop and see how much more is left in her. Thank You Hydromotive. These props are sweet right out of the box.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear your P5X is working. There is more left there by having it custom tuned/blueprinted to your boat. Not taking anything away from Hydromotive (has anyone used them for blueprinting?), because I am sure they are familiar with the characteristics of their own props, but several of us have used Throttle UP with excellent results. They are well versed on tuning P5Xs for Nordics, and keep their information in a database (maybe Matt's head ).
You might still want to try a 1" spacer. Here's why. High X dimensions make all boats weight sensitive. With more weight in your boat (fuel/passengers/loaded cabin/porta potty/etc) you will run with more wetted surface, slowing your hull down.
With a little deeper (effective) X dimension, your propeller has more wetted blade area (why the 5 blade works better now) to lift the extra weight, freeing up the hull. You will probably be able to run 4 blades more efficiently too, and they are much less expensive and plentiful. In my case, my P5X doesn't seem to mind the extra 1" of depth, and the 4 blades work much better. It's always good to have a spare prop or 2 in the garage in case you damage your #1 wheel.
Your getting there !
Congrats,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-27-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM

Good deal.......

Now you'll be the 3rd fastest Heat on the lake...

Just F'ing with ya. Nice job, sounds like everything worked out well for you. Can't wait to hitch a ride (I'm free Saturday, slip C4)
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

When do you get the new boat???? I'm going to be working this weekend. It sucks but o'well. You for sure need a ride but it I need a ride in yours too.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by I DIG IT !!
When do you get the new boat???? I'm going to be working this weekend. It sucks but o'well. You for sure need a ride but it I need a ride in yours too.
It's in Portland as we speak...

Two things left............................. Stereo and get it here.
Should be late next week, we'll see.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Southocg
Good deal.......

Now you'll be the 3rd fastest Heat on the lake...

Just F'ing with ya. Nice job, sounds like everything worked out well for you. Can't wait to hitch a ride (I'm free Saturday, slip C4)
Don't come to Nashville. There are at least 1/2 dozen Heats running in the 90'S!! Makes it hard on us Baja guys.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Hey I'm more than happy where I'm at. There will always be someone bigger and faster than you. I would like to see 80 on a good day and a light load ?????? As for now mid to upper 70is is good for me. I'm just ready for some warm weather and some sun. I LOVE getting on the water.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

I think once you pass 75mph things start to come apart expotentially.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by kennyo
Don't come to Nashville. There are at least 1/2 dozen Heats running in the 90'S!! Makes it hard on us Baja guys.
Based on what the boat has done at elevation and still needing some prop work, low to mid 90's is right in my range.
I'm guessing 94 but we'll see.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Sweet!

Quick Reply: P5X results " WOW "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.