Notices

storage

Old 05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage

boy, it is quiet in here. has anyone thought about or done, making their midcabin bench seats storage friendly. is it because of the stringers that this area is not utilized? any thoughts? maybe some boom speakers there?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fireman1594
boy, it is quiet in here. has anyone thought about or done, making their midcabin bench seats storage friendly. is it because of the stringers that this area is not utilized? any thoughts? maybe some boom speakers there?
Fireman,
I have thought about it. Makes a lot of sense for towels and clothing, lightweight stuff. Our boats don't like carrying weight in front of the step, so I would leave the heavy stuff like anchors, tools, etc. in the center storage.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered

Fireman,
Chris (CB-BLR) and i have talked a little about using the area behind the cabin bench seats. i haven't taken the screws that hold the cover panel up top out yet to see what it would take but i think that would be a great spot for life jackets or (as chris mentioned) a wakeboard

Steve,
have you removed the base of the cabin bench seats? would you have to actually cut the floor to expose a storage area?

-Ned

Last edited by nedpoole; 05-29-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

There is really not much room under the seat but there is a bit behind the back. I have the amps for my stereo mounted to the back of the starboard seat.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 05R1
Fireman,
Chris (CB-BLR) and i have talked a little about using the area behind the cabin bench seats. i haven't taken the screws that hold the cover panel up top out yet to see what it would take but i think that would be a great spot for life jackets or (as chris mentioned) a wakeboard

Steve,
have you removed the base of the cabin bench seats? would you have to actually cut the floor to expose a storage area?

-Ned
Ned,
No I haven't but I don't think it would be too hard. Just cut inboard of the stringer. Carpet the storage area. There you go.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Looks like when I do my stereo install, I will check it out. I will let yall know, and show some pics.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered

I've opened up the seat bases in both Heats I've owned and there is a surprising amount of storage under there. The stringers don't get in the way at all. After cutting the opening I got some matching carpet and used contact cement to lay it in with - great place to store towels and food.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered

Kokopelli,

any chance you could take a couple pics of the work you have done and either post them here or email to [email protected]?

thanks
Ned

Last edited by nedpoole; 06-01-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 05R1
Kokopelli,

any chance you could take a couple pics of the work you have done and either post them here or email to [email protected]?

thanks
Ned
Ned, Sorry haven't been on the board in a while. I'll shoot a couple pics next time I'm in the boat and send them over.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Kokopelli,

Could you please post the pictures here, so that all of us can see them.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.