Windshield on a 28 Heat? >

Windshield on a 28 Heat?

Notices

Windshield on a 28 Heat?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Windshield on a 28 Heat?

Our kids have grown and moved away, our wakeboard boat seems to get used only to cruise (at 25 mph) or get us to our favorite place to swim. I WANT TO GO FASTER. Looked at all the cats, not quite ready to go there but the Heat really looks like a nice boat and with the right power might even go 85. The windshield looks really low, can you actually get behind it? Is it just for looks or does it have some function?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Heat windsheild is low profile. Not a problem for most of us. I have set of custom made deflectors that I use only when it's cold, buggy, or raining. I don't know if these are still available or not.
They should be!
85 is no problem with the right power.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Windshield on a 28 Heat?-deflectors-up.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Chris
Gold Member

The Heat is a great "all around" boat, and handles power and speed quite well. The wind from the windshield hits me right at my nose when seated. Several of the guys on here use a wind deflector at the top of the winshield to take care of that. I wear a helmet when I know I am going to be driving fast. (Like at a poker run).

It takes a 600sci to go about 79-82 if you are propped and set up correctly. A 710 Illmore or a 700sci nets you about 88 mph. My 600sci with a Whipple upgrade hits 90-91 consistantly, with a best of 93.3

Absolutely love my boat.

Chris
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
The Heat windsheild is low profile. Not a problem for most of us. I have set of custom made deflectors that I use only when it's cold, buggy, or raining. I don't know if these are still available or not.
They should be!
85 is no problem with the right power.
Regards,
Steve
i recently bought a nordic rage.. any idea where i could look to buy a wind deflector? the wind is almost to much after u are used to having a boat with a windshield. thanks...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

I bought mine about 1 year ago ..They are just over $500 but well worth it....

I was asking questions about them on here and a dealer out on Long Island said he could get them for me ....

Tri-State Performance Marine
805 Middle Country Road • St. James, NY 11780
Office: (631) 724-8707
TF: (877) 405-3971
Web: http://www.T-SPM.com
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by boatingbent; 09-01-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatingbent
I bought mine about 1 year ago ..They are just over $500 but well worth it....

I was asking questions about them on here and a dealer out on Long Island said he could get them for me ....

Tri-State Performance Marine
805 Middle Country Road • St. James, NY 11780
Office: (631) 724-8707
TF: (877) 405-3971
Web: http://www.T-SPM.com
Email: [email protected]
Hey Bent, I knew you were lurking out there waazzzuuuppp?
I wish you could have made the Nordic Regatta in Nashville this year . Maybe next year.........
I got my deflectors from this dealership too. They fit great, and they really work. When they are up, the cockpit feels like dead air. The only downside is my exhaust and blower seem louder with them up. It isn't of course, you just hear it more without all the wind noise.
Regards,
Steve
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rhager
i recently bought a nordic rage.. any idea where i could look to buy a wind deflector? the wind is almost to much after u are used to having a boat with a windshield. thanks...
My wife said the same thing after coming from a Mirage with a taller windshield. I ended up taking out the round seat base and cutting 3" off the vertical tube. Now she sits lower, looking just over the windshield. It made the passenger seat much more comfortable while cruising. It's so nice I just chopped 1.5" off the drivers base.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DesertRage
My wife said the same thing after coming from a Mirage with a taller windshield. I ended up taking out the round seat base and cutting 3" off the vertical tube. Now she sits lower, looking just over the windshield. It made the passenger seat much more comfortable while cruising. It's so nice I just chopped 1.5" off the drivers base.
Heat's don't have the round seat bases like the Rage's do. Cutting down the seat frames on a Heat would be a major ordeal, in my opinion.

Chris
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by X-rated
The windshield looks really low, can you actually get behind it? Is it just for looks or does it have some function?
Yes...it's function has been perfected, it deflects the wind directly in your face LOL!!! Like the others have said, get an after market wind deflector, it'll make life much better. I got these and loved them:

http://www.windaway.com/
Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Default Ttt

Hi Chris,
The 99 and older Heats do have a taller windshield. I ride shotgun with Mayor McCheese when I pry his wallet open enough to get him to take me to the lake ..
It doesn't make that much difference. The deflectors do.
Regards,
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.