Rage or heat >

Rage or heat

Notices

Rage or heat

Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my rage its a great boat.

I would have to say I agree with all the comments above. I looked at the heat but it seemed just a little big for tubing, wakeboarding and skiing. The heat Headroom was better in the midcabin and it has more freeboard.

I moved up from a 21 foot carlson csx21 a few months ago. The rage handles the rough water a lot better even thought it doesn't have the freeboard of my old boat. We love the midcabin. The increase in speed was really nice but of course there is always someone that runs faster than you.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

ok all, so i went and looked at that rage yesterday, boat is very nice 58hrs, started it let it get up to temp, shifted in and out of gear, all seems good, anything to look for on these? it has closed cooling, is that the way the 496ho comes? the cabin is a little short, im 6ft so i just fit. man this boat seems tons longer than my 20 at the helm, and boy does it sound good! the cooler is missing, no big deal and someone put a very nice sound system with a couple amps. i think i can buy for 39k and thoughts? sound like a good deal?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes.. the 496 is a closed cooled motor.

Chris
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Sorry I haven't done any research on rage pricing. My rage was new so i am not much help, but it sounds like a good price. New coolers are 75 bucks on the nordic site, and they are sweet..
Old 11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Sounds like a good deal to me. I was thinking about putting my 2002 with 115 hrs up for sale in the spring for about the same price.