East Coast Regatta

Notices

East Coast Regatta

Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Rage
Mine could be for sale for the right price, got 2 foot itis.lol
Chief financial officer already vetoed this for this year. We have our first child coming in October. I don't know of anyone that has one for sale right now, Unlimited Marine in Somerset,KY had a pretty nice one a while back.
LOL Yeah, I doubt I can afford it. But I sure wish I could. Congrats on the kid. One of my good buddies wife is supposed to be having their first kid before the weekend is out.

I want a Nordic 25 Rage, but will probably wind up with a buddy of mine's Moomba Mobius XLV wakeboarding boat (friend discount, of couse...) b/c it's more practical for the lake I go to. It's a pretty good sized lake, but it seems like lately the water patrol has been profiling high performance boats.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell your buddy congrats for me. This is our first and we both are 38 yrs old, should be interesting. We are very excited.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default East Coast Regatta

Hello Everyone from soakin' wet Nashville.
As you have probably seen (or been through if you are in the Nashville Nordic Navy), we have been hammered with the worst flooding since the dams were built to limit flooding on the Cumberland and Tennessee River chains. The Army Corps, who manages the dams on the Cumberland River and tributaries has called this a once in 500 year event. I hope it's that long before we have another one.
Our downtown Nashville tourist district, the Titans stadium, OpryLand Hotel and Mills Mall, and hundreds of homes and businesses are under water. The lakes and river are a mess, and probably will be for a few more weeks.
We usually recover quickly here from natural disasters (aka tornadoes), but this flood has really been tough. I estimate 95+ % of the flooded homes and businesses don't have flood insurance, because no one ever thought the water would/could reach these flood stages.
Sorry for the lengthy explanation. I am letting you know this may have thrown a wrench into our Regatta plans. Maybe we can move it back?
Stay tuned.
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-04-2010 at 10:45 PM.