28 Heat Prop >

28 Heat Prop

Notices

28 Heat Prop

Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90mphRAGE
Still have a Merc Labbed B1 28 available too small for my ap.
Thanks,
Not enough pitch for me either. I need a 31" 4 blade, or a 30" 5 blade, preferably a P5-X.
BTW, recently tested a couple of Hydro P4-Xs and one of them ran great. The other was a pig. Go figure...........
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered

Found that spare from a Nordic buddy.
Thanks for calling Chris. It's a pleasure doing business with you as usual.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve empty your PM Box its full and I can`t send you a PM ...LOL...Here is my question

Hey Steve

Thinking about buying a Hydromotive prop for my Boat ...
Which one do I need to get do you think

2005 Nordic Heat
1 inch Spacer
XR drive
525 Merc
bout 1000 feet elevation
Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered

24p or maybe a 25p p5x I have a Whipple 496 {about 625hp}and spin a 26p to 5400
Old 05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Steve empty your PM Box its full and I can`t send you a PM ...LOL...Here is my question

Hey Steve

Thinking about buying a Hydromotive prop for my Boat ...
Which one do I need to get do you think

2005 Nordic Heat
1 inch Spacer
XR drive
525 Merc
bout 1000 feet elevation
Hey Bent,
Good to hear from you. I have tried to clean out my inbox for a week or 2. I don't what's up with this?? Sorry if you haven't been able to PM me.
What are you running now, prop/speed/rpm? I think you were running a B1?. What is the RPM limiter set at on your 525? You would probably get peak HP just below your limiter with a 525.
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-08-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Registered

I was running like 74MPH at 4950 with a stock 4 blade 26......Well here is my Problem...I sent my prop of to Bblades to get me like 2 to 300 more RPM I tested that prop this weekend and to be honest I can`t use the Prop ....Bob at FTM thinks they took way to much cup out of it cause all I am getting is maybe 70mph at full throttle and 5310RPM .....But thats with the trim all the way down almost ...As soon as I trim up the RPM Alarm goes off and the boat gets Squirrley .......I am going to call BBlades in the AM and see what can be done but in the meantime I was thinking of one of these Hydromotive Props ....I did talk to Bob yesterday and he thought a 25 Hydromotive would be what I need
Old 05-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Registered

I was running like 74MPH at 4950 with a stock 4 blade 26......Well here is my Problem...I sent my prop of to Bblades to get me like 2 to 300 more RPM I tested that prop this weekend and to be honest I can`t use the Prop ....Bob at FTM thinks they took way to much cup out of it cause all I am getting is maybe 70mph at full throttle and 5310RPM .....But thats with the trim all the way down almost ...As soon as I trim up the RPM Alarm goes off and the boat gets Squirrley .......I am going to call BBlades in the AM and see what can be done but in the meantime I was thinking of one of these Hydromotive Props ....I did talk to Bob yesterday and he thought a 25 Hydromotive would be what I need
Brett is a smart guy, and I'm sure he can fix your Bravo. One of things that prop builders like to do to get extra RPM is reduce the amount of cup in the stock prop. It does work on some boats. It doesn't on the Heat. I think it's a big boat for a single engine/drive, so our one prop has push and lift the boat (as opposed to say a 29' to 35' with twin props, with a total of 8 to 10 blades).
It seems like the extra blade area of the 5 blades, particulary the Hering 5 and Hydro P5-X, lock up better, and consequently are faster and lift better. Another reason is the high XD the factory uses on our boats. The higher you go, the less blade area you have submerged, and that extra blade really helps.
I think the only downside is they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Some people think they're harder on drives with big power because they do lock up better, putting more stress on the gears. Maybe so..............
Since Brett is a Hydromotive dealer, he should be able to let you test a couple of P5-Xs to determine what pitch is correct.
I'm with Bob, a 25" should be close. I recently tested a couple of Q4-Xs, a 30" and 31". Even though the 30" was a dinged up, stock daily driver a friend let me test (he runs 2 on a 35' Fountain), it ran 93.2 @ 5800. It needed more lift (easy, more cup), and could have been thinned, balanced, shapened, pitch matched for more RPM and speed. So there was a lot of potential left, easily 2 or 3 MPH. I was surprised how well it worked, because 5 blades are usually better on my boat. It's also hundreds of $$ less expensive, so I would test a Q4-X too, in the 25" to 26" range.
Just about any prop can be custom ground to work on most boats if it's the correct design to begin with. I have found the Hydromotives to better out of the box than other brands (Herings and CNCs not included). I'm talking about cast props. I think their molds are more precise, their casting and heat treating seem better beause they rarely throw blades, and their finishing process is good too. It's not a blueprint, but it's pretty good. They also offer more models for specific applications, so something should work well once you find it. For instance in Bravo type drive 5 blades they have P5s, P5+, and P5-X. Merc has the Maximus which tries to cover all those bases. No wonder they usually require more grinding to work for specific applications.
I don't mean to sound like a house shill for Hydromotive (even though I probably do). They don't give me any extra service or discount (hey Tom?!). Their props work on my and my friend's boats.
Glad to hear you are back on the water Bent .................
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Yeah i am sure BBlades will fix me up.....I just hope I ca get it back by next weekend....I might try a Hydromotive Prop from him if he will let me .....Thanks for your Response Steve.....
I will post numbers when I have some
Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bent, I forgot to mention I've got a couple of stock 26 Bravos. If you need one I'll be glad to lend it to you. Just pay shipping. You can bring it back to me in June. Let me know and I can get it headed your way asap.

Bob

Yeah i am sure BBlades will fix me up.....I just hope I ca get it back by next weekend....I might try a Hydromotive Prop from him if he will let me .....Thanks for your Response Steve.....
I will post numbers when I have some
Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

I had a 24 that I put on there for now ..........I am hoping BBlades will turn this one around quick

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.