Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Do you tow your boat covered or open? >

Do you tow your boat covered or open?

Notices

Do you tow your boat covered or open?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember those Diesel pullers can do alot of damage to your interior pulling undressed
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a full cover and a cockpit cover.
I never tow with the full cover.
I usually don't tow around locally with the cockpit cover, but I do on long trips, particularly if it looks like rain.
On the blowing off front, there is a snap (the male side that screws into the deck) that will hold your cover on at speed, called a gator snap. They work so well, I have them on every other snap at the base of the windsheld only. I have towed at 80MPH with no problems.
I also use the tent pole (which did come with my cockpit cover) to keep it tight and keep rain from puddling.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by watts up
Travel with cover on for trips (over an hour)!! Use blue painters tape on leading edge (blue tape) works great keeps wind, dust and rain out. Comes right off with out a hitch and the interior is clean
This works very well and is standard practice for me as I don't like all the sun exposure in the hot desert. I just use a little rubbing alcohol to remove the wax in that area to make the painters tape adhere better.
Never had an issue and our speed limits are 75-80 with trailer.
Trust me, the Flame is the worst! The windshield angle is sooooo flat that the air really wants to get under it.

Dave

Last edited by Nordicflame; 05-12-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oboyskibum
The snap-on bow and Cockpit covers that I purchased from Nordic dont have any padding for the windshield or the seats. I was a little disappointed that they didn't even come with center snaps or support poles. I asked and they said that they don't include them. I was thinking wow both my other cheapo boats that I have owned came with them.

The padding sounds like a great idea.
Who made your tops for you 90MPH rage?
Orian,
Sugarhouse Awning's work is incredible and I've seen some bad ones from around the area
I learned the hard way; They may be a few dollars more but all that nice stuff is included and fitment is absolutely perfect.

Nice seeing you on the water Friday

Dave
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

It was good to get the boat out last friday but it was cold. My 4 year old was wearing snow pants. I hope we can have a few next time we see each other on the lake.

Thanks for all the good advice. I am headed to Havasu this weekend and I will try the painters tape.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I Never tow with a full cover on, I do tow with the cockpit cover on the Flame, but no full cover on the Flame or the hydrostream going down the road.
Dean
Old 05-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

An issue I had when towing with the cockpit cover on was I had a snap come out (the snap on the boat) and the screw scraped against the gel-coat causing a scratch.
Towing with the cover on stretches the fabric causing it to be less water resistant.