Rage Frustrations

Notices

Rage Frustrations

Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mreedy
Im around the 580 elevation here and with 2 people, full gas, and empty boat I can hit 65 until rev limiter hits.
BBlades is sending out a 26p labbed today for test but they seem to think a 28 is too much. I'm hoping new blades will work out for me.
Post the results with the BBlades labed 26.

The open bow Rage is 1-2 mph slower than the closed bow version. Most of that can be regained with the bow cover installed.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
Post the results with the BBlades labed 26.

The open bow Rage is 1-2 mph slower than the closed bow version. Most of that can be regained with the bow cover installed.
Ran the labbed 26 today, the water conditions were pretty rough for a 25', It was windy with deep swells.
I put together 1 good pass hit'n 72 on gps when my wife started hitting me on the side. (getting scared) RPM was right over 5000 WOT.
65 to 72 is a big difference but the major factors were, I was able to run WOT right above 5000 rpm and is was able to get real aggressive with the trim. For some reason with my 24p I would get around half trim (on gauge) the boat would overrev and loose MPH.
All together I am happy. It was a short run and felt great to finally get that trim and get on top of the water. I will hit a weekday here to get better water conditions and get some MPH's compared to RPM's.
The worst part about it is wondering if it had a little more when she was hittn me to stop. It was a rough ride and short run with the conditions.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rule #1 in boating... don't scare the mamma!
If you scare her... she won't ever support making your toys faster.

Sounds like you are getting things sorted out.

Chris
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Rule #1 in boating... don't scare the mamma!
If you scare her... she won't ever support making your toys faster.

Sounds like you are getting things sorted out.

Chris
+1
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mreedy
Ran the labbed 26 today, the water conditions were pretty rough for a 25', It was windy with deep swells.
I put together 1 good pass hit'n 72 on gps when my wife started hitting me on the side. (getting scared) RPM was right over 5000 WOT.
65 to 72 is a big difference but the major factors were, I was able to run WOT right above 5000 rpm and is was able to get real aggressive with the trim. For some reason with my 24p I would get around half trim (on gauge) the boat would overrev and loose MPH.
All together I am happy. It was a short run and felt great to finally get that trim and get on top of the water. I will hit a weekday here to get better water conditions and get some MPH's compared to RPM's.
The worst part about it is wondering if it had a little more when she was hittn me to stop. It was a rough ride and short run with the conditions.
Sounding good! If you get more runs under less rough conditions please post those details as well.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

For comparison, I'm running an '05 mid-cabin, 496HO with a labbed 26 and no turbulators. With 1/2 load of fuel, 2 people on board and the bow cover on, I run 71-72 on GPS (77-78 speedo). I am hitting the rev limiter, so there is more there, but I mainly ski/tube and always have 3+ kids on board, so the hole shot and slower planning speed keeps me in the 26P.

I've run these number both on Cumberland and the Ohio River.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Best run I had with the labbed 26 was 73.2 gps @ 4900 rpm.
At least it is a huge improvement over the 24p that was cavitaing at 1/2 trim only producing 65 mph.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I'd share some data. I have an open bow Rage. Running a FTM/Raylar 496. It made 570 HP on the engine dyno and 502 HP at the prop. In cool weather it ran 81.1 at 5200 RPM with a stock 28. In extreme heat, humidity and glass water I've seen speeds as low as 73 on GPS. On another day(still hot) it spun a labbed 30 to 80.4 GPS at 5100 RPM, but there was about 1'+ chop on the lake. So, with all that said you can really only compare speeds when running side by side. Just too many variables.