Best Performance Exhaust for 496 on Heat >

Best Performance Exhaust for 496 on Heat

Notices

Best Performance Exhaust for 496 on Heat

Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Performance Exhaust for 496 on Heat

I just purchased a new 2008 Heat with a stock 496 HO. I want a little more HP, but don't want to make andy major changes while it is under warranty. Does anyone have any experience with the available performance exhaust systems for the 496HO? What is the easiest to install?

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Dana Flow Torque exhaust manifolds are the best bang for the buck, easy to install and no worries about header tube weld cracking causing hydraulic lock of engine. Salt water use however would be a concern for me. See Full Throttle Marine web site http://www.fullthrottlemarine.com/ for the Full Throttle Marine 496 Mag Dyno Testing & Myth Busting report under Performance Projects for real wet exhaust hp numbers.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

We need pics of your new boat. Is it the one that Unlimited Marine had that was gray? If so that is a bad ass boat. Welcome to the forum.
Mike
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help! I did purchase the gray Heat from Unlimited! We traded our Baja and are thrilled with the Nordic! I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how!

Joe
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Registered

Thanks again, Rage. I had a chance to read the article in full. Very interesting. I have no concern for the salt water aspect, as I only use this boat on Lake Cumberland. Does the installation require moving the oil filter?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CumberlandHeat
Thanks again, Rage. I had a chance to read the article in full. Very interesting. I have no concern for the salt water aspect, as I only use this boat on Lake Cumberland. Does the installation require moving the oil filter?
Yes but the Dana kit includes a new billet aluminum oil filter mount which is sharp looking. BTW the polished aluminum looks good but will stain quickly. I had Dana repolish mine and then clear powder coat. The coating is extremely tough and invisable. I should have got it that way to start. Of course there are a lot of PC colors available as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a set of CMI headers, and a re-programed PCM from Whipple is good for about 4-5 mph. If I remember correctly, Tim from OCM did this to either a Heat or a Rage and has video of it on his site.

Chris

P.S. I really like the Dana stuff also... it just seems that the order to delivery time is suffering recently.

Last edited by CB-BLR; 08-11-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered

496 kits are in stock now!

The oil filter is in the same location with the new billet bracket. The stock oil lines are re-used, they do not need to be replaced. I'll powdercoat the oil filter bracket at no additional charge.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Default Well.... I finally stepped up!

Now that tax season is over, I am finally embarking on my project. I just asked John at Unlimited Marine to order the Dana exhaust for me along with the PCM reprogram. I am going to stick with the current prop until I see what RPMs it pulls. I am hoping for 4 mph. Wish me luck!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your new Heat and welcome to the Nordic Forum.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.