new nordic owner! >

new nordic owner!

Notices

new nordic owner!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Default new nordic owner!

well i finally pulled the plug and did it! bought a 06 rage and can not wait to get it, wanted to upgrade from the hammer which has been an awesome boat and was going to keep with baja until we saw nordics, never seen one in person and being from pa i know they are rare, so my anticipaton is killing me what this thing actually looks like, love all the pics so i'm not planning on being dissappointed
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to the club

mine's a 2005 and it's a great boat. Ours is an open bow and it works very well for the family. A couple of cautions: just had the wood on the sundeck replaced becaus the T-nuts in it were non stainless - I have no idea why a boat as quality as the Nordic had these but it will cause rust stains on the transom if it's not fixed, and the ski pole is for decoration. It has a ton of flex in it so if you intend on pulling a skier or tubers, we have five of them, then you need to reinforce it or you'll get stress cracks around the pole.

Congrats on your new ride!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered

thanks for the heads up, we do alot of sking and tubing, whats the best way to reinforce it?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

Default Bob @ full throttle

did the work for me. He's on the board so I'm sure he'll chime in at some point. I think it was some welding and gussets.

Besides that the biggest problem you'll find will be storage. They've made such good use of the space that there's not a lot of room to put skis, tubes, etc. If yours in not an open bow that may not be as much of a problem.

Which Rage did you buy. There are usually only 5 -10 for sale at a time.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

mine is an open bow and was wondering about storage, your right they are few and far between to find, mine is the blue one from the boat brokers inc. in havasu
Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Registered

Never heard about the pole having flex. I've pulled kids all around 100 lbs and not noticed anything. Thanks for the heads up though.

blownhammer2000, Congrats I'm sure your going to love it.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Registered

Default Very nice

http://www.theboatbroker.com/getitem...number=ND6389C

Bet you've looked at these a thousand times!

I spoke with Nordic about the ski pylon and they were aware they had a problem. They may have fixed it by '06? If your boat's still at the Broker they may be able to fix the T-nuts before you pick it up? It sucks having a really nice boat and seeing rust streaks show up after cleaning it and putting it up after a weekend.

I'm working through an issue with a bow cover on mine so I'd appreciate pics of yours when you can.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

i've looked at them more than i can count thats for sure, wish i had known this earlier because it was at nordic getting a cockpit cover made and its getting shrink wrapped today for shipping monday, i've read your thread on the bow cover and i know that mine is under the rail because i actually asked that question after reading your post, as soon as i get it, end of next week, i'll post some pics for you
Old 12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Congrat's on the new ride! One of the great things about owning a Nordic is that it turns a lot of heads, you just don't see as many of them on the water compared to Baja etc. They are also stepping it up with the new line of cat's and the big 42ft Inferno to contend with the big boyz (Cig, OL, Mti, Skater, etc).

Jt
Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Congrats, and welcome to the family. You won't be disappointed with your Rage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.