rage fuel tanks >

rage fuel tanks

Notices

rage fuel tanks

Old 02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Default rage fuel tanks

just tryin to learn more on these boats, the LH/RH switch is setup LH port and RH starboard correct? the switch toggles up and down and is labeled side by side so LH would be up and RH down, the imco fuel switch is numbered 1 and 2 so i just want to make sure i know which tank is which, also i've read that on the heats you want more fuel in starboard tank to correct the natural lean from a RH drive, is this good practice on the rages as well? finally nordic says 54gal fuel capacity so i'm "assuming" thats 2-27gal tanks?

Last edited by blownhammer2000; 02-27-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct on all. Easy way to remember port and starboard:
Port is a 4 letter word, as is Left. Right is a slightly longer word as is Starboard.
Fuel capacity listings are all tanks (P&S total).
I always run 1/4 tank more on the right/drivers/starboard tank to offset right hand propeller torque. If both tanks are full, I run off the port tank, until it's down to 3/4, and switch to starboard.
You can tab out lateral imbalances, but you will probably scrub off some speed in the process too.
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

thanks steve, i guess i should of worded the port/starboard question diff, oh well you answered them all anyway, i just got my rage this winter and saw the port tank empty and starboard full so i just wanted to make sure i fill the correct side up, i'm going to have to get used to filling up with a tank on either side, could be fun!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Correct on all. Easy way to remember port and starboard:
Port is a 4 letter word, as is Left. Right is a slightly longer word as is Starboard.
Fuel capacity listings are all tanks (P&S total).
I always run 1/4 tank more on the right/drivers/starboard tank to offset right hand propeller torque. If both tanks are full, I run off the port tank, until it's down to 3/4, and switch to starboard.
You can tab out lateral imbalances, but you will probably scrub off some speed in the process too.
Regards,
Steve
Do you still run 1/4 tank more on the starboard tank when running driver only?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
Do you still run 1/4 tank more on the starboard tank when running driver only?
That's a good question.......If I have a loaded cooler in the cooler storage compartment, and I am riding by myself, it does mitigate the torque roll to a degree. I usually let the boat tell me what it wants. If it's still riding low to port/left, I continue to run more gas on the right. If it's riding level, I try to run fuel tanks near level. I always run 5 blades, and they do torque roll the boat more than 4 blades, but they do everything else better (on my boat), so I stick with them.
You are probably doing fine with 4 blades on your Rage. It's smaller and lighter, and should need less blade area to lock up and carry the boat.
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownhammer2000
thanks steve, i guess i should of worded the port/starboard question diff, oh well you answered them all anyway, i just got my rage this winter and saw the port tank empty and starboard full so i just wanted to make sure i fill the correct side up, i'm going to have to get used to filling up with a tank on either side, could be fun!
Actually it's a pain in the ass, but you'll get used to doing the "gas station ballet".
Fortunately most marinas have extra long hoses to fill cruisers and houseboats, so you can fill or top off both tanks without having to move and retying.
Just another of the Nordic quirks, but they have more going for them (performance/graphics/styling) than they have going against them, by far.
I think you'll really enjoy your Rage. I am a former Baja owner too. I had a H2X.
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Trim tabs have really helped me with the weight distribution of tanks, when I feel it; its pretty quick to correct.
having fills on both sides is my only real gripe about boat. always fill on trailer and have been known to split the middle of pump lanes, get both at once. People Love it when I do that.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

+1 one the fueling.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

I am a former Baja owner too. I had a H2X

i really enjoyed my hammer, gave me 6 good years of fun and was perfect entering into the performance boat world, plus the wife was able to pickup the loading and unloading at the ramp in a snap, now she's paranoid about loading/unloading the rage because its bigger, i've heard these roadrunner trailers can be tricky, so we'll see, the eagle trailer under the hammer loaded the 1st time every time

Last edited by blownhammer2000; 03-02-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

My wife loads ours on the trailer all the time. Just put the trailer in the water until fenders are about 1" out of the water and have drive boat on - if crooked put in nuetral and usually centers itself and then drive boat on. After I figured out how deep to put the trailer, we never have a problem - probably jinx myself now. My boat ramp is knid of steep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.