Notices

Option to Upgrade to a 25 Rage

Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
JFT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option to Upgrade to a 25 Rage

Dear All

Following my recent deposit on a new Nordic 22 E, I now have the option to upgrade to a new Rage 25 with the 525 EFI.

I am pretty tempted by this switch. What kind of top speed I should expect from this boat?

Cheers

JF
Old 04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

depending on your budget, its a no brainer, rage will be much more stable and with a 525 i would think 80+ is not out of the question, the 525 is the best balance between high performance and good reliability
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 AM

80+ easy, the rage does 75 out of the box with a 496 HO. You probably already know this, but make sure you pay the extra money and get trim tabs and hydro steering. Anything over 75 can get squirrley and real dangerous witout those on a 25 footer.

R/
Phil
Old 04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
JFT
Registered

While I am at it, is it a big jump to go from the Rage 25 to Thor 27?

It is only for a lake. I am worried that the 27 may be a bit too big.

Any comments on ride, etc. would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Geez, u need to make up ur mind lol j/k!!! Thats good ur asking these questions before you get the 22. I cant speak on the differences between the Rage and Thor, but in regards to size the 2 extra feet would be a huge benefit in my mind. I made the jump from 18ft to 27ft and the extra nine feet make soooo much difference. I was in the market for a 25ft boat, specifically the Rage a few months ago, but am glad I went up a little in size. The Rage with the 525 is def. going be faster than me, but it all depends what u want to do with the boat.

Also if you are considering a bigger boat that what ur planning on getting, then I would def. say go as big as u can (provided all the other variables can be accommodated..... storage, maintenance, towing, etc) now to save u from wondering and second guessing ur purchase while you are out on the water!

And in regards to it being a lake boat, it all depends on what lake you boat at. All of the lakes that I boat at out here are big enough to accommodate boats much larger than 27ft.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Though I've never been for a ride in a Thor, the 2 ft longer thing is kinda misleading. I've parked next to one on & off the trailer in my Rage & it's bigger in every direction. I don't think it's more than a few hundred pounds heavier though.
The bigger Thor gives you less room unless it's the OB.

Personally if I was in the position to pick, Thor all the way!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
JFT
Registered

Originally Posted by 90mphRAGE
Though I've never been for a ride in a Thor, the 2 ft longer thing is kinda misleading. I've parked next to one on & off the trailer in my Rage & it's bigger in every direction. I don't think it's more than a few hundred pounds heavier though.
The bigger Thor gives you less room unless it's the OB.

Personally if I was in the position to pick, Thor all the way!
I am actually looking for the Open Bow option.

Thanks for the comment folks, its really helping.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

You can't go wrong with the 22E.I have a 22 and love it although I am trading it in next week for the 25 rage.Going with the 496.Wish I could afford the 525 but still very excited.