Nordic Heat Question???

Notices

Nordic Heat Question???

Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
x2

The IMCO narrow dual ram kit will fit in between the stock exhaust location and the drive...I have done several Heats and a Rage this way.

Chris
is this the only imco kit that clears the swim platform on a rage? i tried a cap from imco AEC-1 and it didn't clear, i can't lose any tilt, i'm starting to think i have a higher x dimension because everyone is telling me it should clear
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may indeed have a higher x-dimension.

Chris
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a single ram setup right now, the arm is long enough to clear the exhaust on the outside, but sits...too close to the exhaust for my liking. I am wondering if (without replacing the system) I can put in a billet block between the transom and the hydraulic arm to move it away from the exhaust a bit, and it should not change the dynamics too much. Anyone have any advice on this? Besides getting a new setup lol. Not in the cards right now.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
I have a single ram setup right now, the arm is long enough to clear the exhaust on the outside, but sits...too close to the exhaust for my liking. I am wondering if (without replacing the system) I can put in a billet block between the transom and the hydraulic arm to move it away from the exhaust a bit, and it should not change the dynamics too much. Anyone have any advice on this? Besides getting a new setup lol. Not in the cards right now.
Hello Jay,
Dave's Heat, or maybe it was a customer's, with some big power in it, and twin ram steering had the same issue. I recall him saying it never was a problem. I think as long as you are getting plenty of water through your headers, you are probably OK. Maybe Dave will chime in. There's a picture somewhere on the forum of this boat, and the exhaust is blowing over the rams.
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Registered

Cool, I am just super picky about everything. It has the little rubber flappers on the end of the tips, and the oneon the starboard side always gets stuck in the 'up" position. It doesnt hurt anything and it definitely does not hinder operation for either the steering or the exhaust, its just one of those things. Later in life the exhaust may end up out on the corner like the newer Heats.

You can kinda see how close it is here:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Registered

Jay, me and you are in the same boat (no pun intended). The exhaust tips are too close to the drive. Seems the 2000 heat was a liitle bit of a guinea pig due to the first year of the step. Maybe has nothing to due with the new hull but the 01 and newer has the exhaust moved out to make room for external steering, see Steve's transom. From what I've read and heard from other heat owners, most prefer the exhaust under the swim platform because it's quieter inside the boat. I'm probably gonna go with the narrow dual ram setup from IMCO and keep the exhaust where it's at when I get to that. I have a lot of other more important stuff I need first and my boat isn't fast enough to need the external steering yet.
Eric