New Rage with inop Depth Sounder >

New Rage with inop Depth Sounder

Notices

New Rage with inop Depth Sounder

Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rage with inop Depth Sounder

Hello everyone,I have a tech question.I have a new 2011 Rage with a Livorsi factory installed depth finder.It has not worked since new.I have spoken with Livorsi and they stated could be improper install with epoxy and cracks or air between transducer or possible transducer concern.Any thoughts from any of you? Also if it is indeed a install or transducer concern how do I remove the epoxy without damaging anything and what type of epoxy should I use to reinstall? Thanks in advance to you all.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went this also...one was factory installed. I did the second replacement and it did the same thing (It would read sitting still in calm water but start moving and it would quit working). I changed over to Fair gauge and transponder and it actually reads up to about 60mph. The Faira transponder is a little different but easy to install. You install a mount on the inter hull then fill it with antifreeze and screw the transponder on. I have used the setup in another one of my boat and had the same great result.
No you can’t remove you old one with out damaging it.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have one that's not working but I'm not getting ANYTHING!
I don't think mine was ever wired correctly.
Plus now my Tach is not working either on this 2010.
I have these push in style breakers but they are not labeled so I don't know how to tell which one is for the gauges and may be tripped. All other gauges work except those two.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

usually in a stepped hull depth gauges don't read once on plain, mine reads perfect up to 15mph then nothing, nordic mounts the transducers on the pad under the engine bout 6" from transom, thats what they told me when i was putting mine in but was told not to expect it to work at speed