weight distribution

Notices

weight distribution

Old 08-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight distribution

07 nordic rage open bow.

500 efi 1.65 gear running a bravo 1 4 blade 28 to ski and a labbed 32 to cruise . Seams like the non labbed 28 will let me trim more than the labbed 32 . Boat can be trimmed out with 3 or 4 people in it running good at 40mph and normal size person can go from the back to the front and blow the prop out . The boat seems really heavy in the middle so I was going to move batteries from under backseat to the vary back of the boat to see if it would help any other ideas ?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Q, why are you running 1:65 gears? Most boats run either 1:50 ir 1:36? Don't know if that is related to your problem or not, just seems unusual for a Heat to be running that Gear Ratio???
Dean
Old 08-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Q, why are you running 1:65 gears? Most boats run either 1:50 ir 1:36? Don't know if that is related to your problem or not, just seems unusual for a Heat to be running that Gear Ratio???
Dean
To CHEAP to change gears after buying a couple of props. Maybe this winter I'll sell the outdrive thats on it and go with a one inch shorter drive and 1.5 gears. But the 1.65 I kind of like because I don't spend a lot of time at 75 to 80mph maybe four or five times a year do a wot run to clean it out. Most of the time is cruising around and sking and tubing. Down low the boat is awsome 5 or 6 adults and 3 kids and still pull a salom ski up no problem with out tabs. thanks it a rage.