Notices

loto

Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loto

well nordic was represented in style this year by two boats. the 28ss looked great in person nordic did a great job with fit and finish and wow 141mph winning his class and i had a gps of 102 and radar of 99 but won my class also the old heat is hanging in there. and once agian i have to send a thanks to eric at eb marine for all his help and time he does a great job with the dyno and programing he seems to always find alittle more horsepower. thanks little buddy!!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Jerry on winning your class. I also saw some of the dockside interview with the 28SS owner/driver. The internet connection was intermittent. I was surprised how much faster the 28SS was than the 26' Redlines, which I though were/are the most efficient single engine tunnels. I guess not!
Regarding the radar GPS discrepancy, that is not unusual.
Radar has a problem picking up sleek aerodynamic shapes, particularly non metallic ones, because the reflection angles are bad and non metallic objects actually can absorb the signal. Most non-military radar was developed to detect the speed of cars and trucks which are metallic and boxy.
If you run slighty off directly into the beam, it causes cosine error which will give a slower reading.
The other variable is (noticed this when I was drag racing) the GPS doesn't know where the "finish line" is. Boats that are still acellerating at or beyond the finish line will record the peak reading their GPS units "see".
99 or 102, that's smoking. I understand they let you guys come in at 40 this year vs 30 last year? Did that make it any easier?
And I agree Eric is the man!
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-30-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loto

your dead on from talking to other drivers they were two to three miles an hour faster also. the boat is faster but i took the drive spacer out and went to a p5 plus 15 5/8 by 33 five blade the boat drives great but it takes longer to reach top speed eric wanted me to put the six blade on which i'm sure is faster but you know the deal didn't want to break the drive. i wish more of the nashville crowd would have gone we had a great week and weather and no broken boats . I'll go back next year with the right setup.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Jerry!

That is cookin!

Chris