Looking for a little run down on Nordic

Notices

Looking for a little run down on Nordic

Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a little run down on Nordic

Looking at getting my first "go fast" boat and was looking for a comparison. Was wondering how this nordic http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41661-en.html

Compared to a baja around 29'. A lot of baja's out there to choose from. I don't know much about the hull designs and all the go fast goodies, so I figured I'd come here, thanks for any info you have.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm just copying a post I made from another thread:

Originally Posted by Indy
Not a rough water boat. I know...had one for three years in Long Island Sound...plenty of chop to be had. Compared to something like a Pantera/AT/any other true 24 degree hull for example the ride is tough.

Build quality is high...tooling is top notch...best cabin by far of any 28 I've ever been in, even some bigger boats too...Nordic never figured out their drive heights properly, people are always screwing with drive spacers...speed is decent but not over the top, mid 60s with 496HO power.

Their trailers are complete garbage if they get exposed to salt water (I know first hand), opt for aluminum if that's the case. I still think they have carpet in the engine compartment which is puzzling, I ripped mine out and put in diamond plate. Looks are stunning, never a lack of compliments when I was in or working on the boat. Bolsters lack headrests which makes them look like barrels, I had Nordic custom make some for mine and it changed the whole look of the interior. Still some outdated gel designs but that's in the eye of the beholder. Handled well, just didn't like chop with the 22 degree hull and pad. Needs wind deflectors too, windscreen is at the perfect height to deflect wind right into your face...kind of a pain in the a$$ if you take it for some long rides. A 150 mile trip one day convinced us to get deflectors...had enough of that crap.

I'm sure some things have changed since I owned one, maybe some others will chime in. Overall we loved the boat but it just wasn't made for our waters, we wound up purchasing a PowerPlay and it was a whole different animal...it pretty much lived for chop. In fact it was a total bore unless it was crappy out...but that's another topic.

Hope this helps.
Can't help you with the Baja, never been in one.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks like a clean used Heat in good condition.
With a 2000 model, you'll get the newer step hull, this boat has a desireable (possibly modified) 500EFI, hydraulic steering and tabs.
With any used boat, I would inquire to see if it is a freshwater boat. Saltwater boats can be OK if they properly maintained.
The Bajas are nice entry level performance boats. Several of us here, (including myself) started out with them. They are a lot of bang for the buck. The hulls are not as efficient as Nordics. The detail level of the Nordic graphics and styling are IMHO beyond that of Baja.
I would look at and try to drive both before you decide.
You want to get a boat that is right for your application.
Regards,
Steve
Old 09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

RiReuter if your looking at a heat with some performance give me a shout i am intrested in selling mine and a deal at that. thanks jerry 1-931-801-9860 oh it's a 2001 too much to list on here.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jerry Sabatino
RiReuter if your looking at a heat with some performance give me a shout i am intrested in selling mine and a deal at that. thanks jerry 1-931-801-9860 oh it's a 2001 too much to list on here.
Jerrys boat has also won the LOTO shootout in its class two years standing - and has only went twice, thats a pretty good record in my book! hate to see it go