Sub box in a Nordic Heat >

Sub box in a Nordic Heat

Notices

Sub box in a Nordic Heat

Old 12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub box in a Nordic Heat

Jay was asking about stereo installs so i thought i'd create a new thread of the install i did

The start

Cut off the base

another shot of the base

New box front

New box rear

Rear panel removed (access to front of motor)
(before i installed it i cut out most of the floor area of the new box and attached it to the removable panel in the back so you could get to the batteries easier)

Test fit

Storage between speaker boxes

Flushed in battery switch and wrapped w/ Vinyl

Last edited by nedpoole; 12-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks really clean!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Looks really clean!
thanks!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Looks awesome! Want to build me one? J/k. What a great idea. I'm going to pull my rear seat out soon, I should just do something like that while I have it out. Thanks for sharing.

Eric
Old 12-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

HAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the pics.... That is EXACTLY what I sketched out yesterday lol Like literally. Even the subwoofer choice is the same. Did you manage to get 12's in the box? How much air space did you coax out of the boxes? Looks great!

Last edited by Jay Gadsby; 12-15-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eroc5150
Looks awesome! Want to build me one? J/k. What a great idea. I'm going to pull my rear seat out soon, I should just do something like that while I have it out. Thanks for sharing. Eric
thanks! it wasn't too bad to build, just took some time... i just used the existing 2x2 supports for the upper half as a line to cut the bottom part off.. once yours is out you'll see what i mean. there are some slight compound angles on that seat base that made it a little tricky to rebuild... well worth it tho

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
HAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the pics.... That is EXACTLY what I sketched out yesterday lol Like literally. Even the subwoofer choice is the same. Did you manage to get 12's in the box? How much air space did you coax out of the boxes? Looks great!
you will be VERY pleased w/ the results on those subs... they sound GREAT... tight fit but yep, those are L5 12's... w/ a alpine PDX 1000.1 running them. 1.5 cu ft sealed per side... perfect for rock and hip hop.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Great work, hopefully you haven’t patented it yet..ha,ha. Not to stray too far but have you ever stepped off the Sun pad onto the front edge of that seat and have it open, kind of funny the first few times. Just trying to find out if it’s common or is there something wrong.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tapp
Great work, hopefully you haven’t patented it yet..ha,ha. Not to stray too far but have you ever stepped off the Sun pad onto the front edge of that seat and have it open, kind of funny the first few times. Just trying to find out if it’s common or is there something wrong.
haha, no patent; just trying to spread the love w/ some ideas... i know i've gotten plenty of good ones from this forum

yes, i HATE that back seat hinge... i've seen a few ideas on here but i think i'm going to do a magnetic strip on both sides to keep it from flipping FW.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

I have the same problem. I hate that damn back seat hinge! Magnets are a good idea. I was gonna try Velcro. I can't count how many times I've almost taken a dive inside the boat because of that seat opening up.
Eric
Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Registered

I am glad you are pleased with the Solobarics. I was planning on running (2) L7s in there, 2 ohms. I have a JL 1000 Mono that I have used to push a lot of different subs. I have some experience with L7s off that amp, and can only say...wow. Physically hurt my ears to listen to them at full tilt. LOVE IT!! I have a couple set of JL components to use in the cabin (dry area) but will be running something else in the cockpit, we will see where end up there. What did you use for wood? Didnt look like MDF. Marine grade I am assuming. I am excited now to get home and do it up like that. My battery switch is under the seat, I will be trying to keep it concealed, we will see how that works for me. Looks great though man, Love it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.