'05 Rage Floors update? >

'05 Rage Floors update?

Notices

'05 Rage Floors update?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Rage Floors update?

I think I know the answer to this but how complicated and expensive would it be to update the floors of my boat to a finished/gel'd floor suitable for snap in carpet?

I know it would be work, I could pull the interior, carpet and prep the floors but after that I'd need to hand it off to a professional.

I'd like to get this done in or around Austin as opposed to hauling the boat all the way to Havasu.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XX14
I think I know the answer to this but how complicated and expensive would it be to update the floors of my boat to a finished/gel'd floor suitable for snap in carpet?

I know it would be work, I could pull the interior, carpet and prep the floors but after that I'd need to hand it off to a professional.

I'd like to get this done in or around Austin as opposed to hauling the boat all the way to Havasu.
x2, i would love that in my heat... i hate the glue in carpet
Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Ok, I get that this can't be done to a factory type install. That comes with gel in a mold. Anybody thought of any alternatives? I've seen some beautiful floor work done some flattys, balsa? It's not important enough to sell the boat and buy one with molded floors. Just wondered if there was something to consider instead of scraping up old carpet and gluing down new?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone on the forum used a product called Lonseal in the cockpit. I never saw it, so I can't comment on it, but he seemed to like it a lot. They have a marine grade version in lots of colors and patterns.
www.lonsealspecialty.com
Looks interesting.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

I hate the carpet in my Heat. When I ordered the boat back in 05, it was suppose to have fiberglass flooring. When the boat arrived .... boy was I dissapointed. It was an error on the dealers part. Credit was given but I wasn't very happy about it.I learned to live with it. But it's definately not the ideal flooring for a boat.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the heads up on that product. Looks like the right idea. Has anyone used something like this? I've always loved the look of the Howard's with the wood floors too. Would you put in snap in carpet over this or just leave it alone?