Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Opinions on ~ '02 Nordic Sprint ? >

Opinions on ~ '02 Nordic Sprint ?

Notices

Opinions on ~ '02 Nordic Sprint ?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on ~ '02 Nordic Sprint ?

So I drove 1100 miles to pick up a restored 24' Donzi, threw a 10:1 all forged 468 into it.. nothing but problems every time out, AND last weekend (ie. Memorial Day!) the f'ing thing blew up on me. I'm OUT. The boat is cursed.. took some of the old gas out and put it in my old land rover (low compression) and the thing just got totaled last week! TWO people have killed phones on it as well...

...anyways. My friends brother picked up a nice 25' Rage mid-cabin. Sexy sexy boat, but out of my price range - just trying to get back on the water quick so I'm going to be paying cash. I found a 22' Sprint w/ 6.2 MPI and I think I can steal it. 466hrs but probably not engine hours.

From my thread searches it sounds like they handle poorly and don't like rough water, but I wanted to make sure. That old Donzi NEVER trimmed correctly and only stopped porpoising with the tabs slammed down - so I just wanted to make sure it's not THAT bad.

Rare boat though so any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

I have a 01 with a 454 mpi in it, I think if you were to put some trim tabs on the boat it would be fine. But she deff is a rough ridder on the choppy water
Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Registered

I sold the motor out of it and put a 6.2 in so I can sell it, a few people told me that the big block was to heavy for the boat
Old 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Never been in one but there are a few running around my area and I really like them, have you looked at used Rage's? If you know you want a Rage than wait it out or look hard for a great deal...
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Never been in one but there are a few running around my area and I really like them, have you looked at used Rage's? If you know you want a Rage than wait it out or look hard for a great deal...
I bought a heat, i didnt want to keep upgrading all the time so I just went for the last boat I will own.

The sprint is a real awsome boat esp for the family, there is plenty of room and is a good all around boat
Old 06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powdercoat777
I bought a heat, i didnt want to keep upgrading all the time so I just went for the last boat I will own.

The sprint is a real awsome boat esp for the family, there is plenty of room and is a good all around boat
Ya I bought a Heat and than visited the Nordic plant and screwed everything up.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Ya I bought a Heat and than visited the Nordic plant and screwed everything up.
lol i know how that is i almost traded in my paid off heat for the new thor open bow, I freaking hate going there cause it makes me do stupid things