Heat Trailer/Winch woes >

Heat Trailer/Winch woes

Notices

Heat Trailer/Winch woes

Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Trailer/Winch woes

I recently bought a used 96 heat and as I was going to change the winch when I realized there is a fundamental flaw in my post setup:

The winch is basically backwards from all other setups I have been able to look at. This means that instead of pressing against the post, the whole winch is "pulling" on two bolts, to the point where the winch frame distorts in a V shape.

Do any Pre 99 owners have pics of their trailer setup? This is supposed to be the original trailer but I couldn't imagine it came like this from the factory?

I am looking for the best solution to address this so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered

I have a 95 winch is on the front with a tunnel in the tube for the strap hope that helps
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered

I have since replaced my nordic trailer due to salt water corrosion. But it did not look like that. I had bunks to cradle the bow and the winch was mounted in front on a steel plate. If I can locate photos, I'll send them to you.

Ray
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys,

Villain,

I didn't like the idea at first but with proper bracing, that might be the simplest solution.

Raytart,

If you can find those pictures it would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am unsatisfied with the overall performance of the trailer. that v shaped stopper at the keel + the Hamby device on my boat = i need to bury the trailer deep in the water to retrieve it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I would DEFINITELY look into replacing that with an adjustable bow stand from Load Master Trailers in Ohio. They sell a much better setup than what you have there. Not only is that not very sturdy, but I bet that is a bltch to load at some ramps depending on how steep, how deep, and length of ramp.

Do a search on the winch stand and Load Master. You should be able to find other threads on here with info.