Drive shower/Drive spacer? >

Drive shower/Drive spacer?

Notices

Drive shower/Drive spacer?

Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive shower/Drive spacer?

Hello I have a nordic heat I`m putting a 1 inch drive spacer on my bravo 1 X drive this spring. Hoping for good results, I wanted to know what I should pay for one and were to pick one up at. I`m also looking for suggestions on how to modify my rigid drive shower since I`m adding 1 inch to my drive. Any help Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my spacer from IMCO Marine, I was $451.00 delivered. Comes with everything you need and is machined perfectly. I actually haven't done anything to my drive shower, it is still aproximately 1/2 inch above the top of the drive and seems to work fine.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Now that you mention your drive shower I do remember that mind sits about half an inch above my drive. Hopefully I can make it work. Did you see tremendous change when you added your 1 inch drive spacer?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say a tremendous change. what it did for me was it stop blowing the prop coming to plane, brought the RPMs down almost 400 and kept relatively the same speed (I lost 1 MPH). It also loosened the boat up some, raised the boat higher with using less trim. I am going to be trying a prop I had worked over this winter in spring hoping to bring my RPMs back up and see what it does then. I actually dropped down to 4850 RPM which is too low for the 500 EFI, I want to get back to 5100-5300 and hopefully gain some speed. My engine is stock except for the ASM throttle plate and the ECM re-program which I think the rev limiter is set at 5350. The last time I boated in fall the air temp was in the 60s and the boat really came alive, I think with the right prop and the spacer combination, I think I will have an overall gain of 3-5 MPH, better holeshot and handling.