Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Has anyone had to cut out the navigation light assembly to change a bulb? >

Has anyone had to cut out the navigation light assembly to change a bulb?

Notices

Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone had to cut out the navigation light assembly to change a bulb?

What did you you use?

I have a mirror in the bottom of the anchor locker so I can see it clearly, but it's not caulked in, it seems to be glassed in!
What a pain this little job is going to be...I understand the newer boats use LED lights so they last much longer, but either way my green is out and I need to fix it.
Chad
Old 06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Chad,
I hope this helps. The Nordic bow light is like a lot of things on our boats, sleek and cool, but hard to service.
I had to change to change out one of mine last year. I used forceps wrapped in electric tape to get it out.
After dropping the new bulb 3/4 times and some moderate cursing, I figured this out. I wrapped the new bulb with a
small wire tie, which enabled me to line it up with the electrodes. I pushed back in with the forceps, then cut the wire tie and
pulled it out.
I have a closed bow Heat, so hopefully yours is probably easier to get to.
Regards,
Steve
Old 06-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Yeah I know what you mean, I just sliced a hole in my carpet under the back seat to access the fuel sender today too :-/

I called the factory today and they claim the whole light assembly has to be cut out to get at mine. It's two part epoxy so I'm going at it with a sawsall...right after I double check my wires again. Wish me luck!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can push the lenses for the bow lights out, then reseal them. You only get one shot at it changing them from the inside. If you drop it, your not going to get it back with out removing the red/green lens covers.

I just used some clear silicone sealant. I'm bout to do this all again, I just ordered some LED bulbs for them.

Steve's way sounds good too.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

That sucks. I just lost my red lens so I called Nordic and they shipped me both colors for free. I can access my light which are led from the anchor locker. Epoxy ing the new one in sucked since I made the mistake of using quick dry epoxy and almost glueing my fingers to the lens and then again to the hull. My fuel sending unit also has an access door as well as I only have a single fuel tank (belly) with single fuel spout. This is great at gas stations. I have a fiberglass floor liner with snap in carpet, batteries installed in the engine compartment, and dual rams for the engine hatch.... Seems like Nordic actually changed most of the annoying Rage design issues in 2010. I just wish I had ordered mine with more power... Like a Illmor 725 somethingish baddass but owe well we can always dream.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Knowing my luck, when I check my nav lights tonight after reading this thread, they will both be out. Seems like a crazy design to have to pull out the lenses. I think I will see if I can find a skinny 10 year old in my neighborhood to squeeze in the bow opening.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

launchpad475...thank you.
Thank you, thank you thank, thank you, so very much!

Mine actually has the newer LED's and it still burnt out.

Nordic said I had to cut the "light cup" out from under the anchor locker, but using your advice I was able to pop off the lens and pull that light assembly out through the top.
I ran down to Livorsi this afternoon and picked up a new green LED and I'M BACK IN BUSINESS B-A-B-Y!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

Glad it worked out! Jay, you can just reach up there and push them out with your arm. You don't need to really crawl in there, just push gently and use something with a blunt end on it (not something like the pointy end of a screwdriver as I think this would increase your chance of hurting the lens.)

I did mine today, popped right out.

I ordered these in white, I'll let you know how they work. The website said to used colored LED's, I'm going with the white. We'll see.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...d-festoon/237/
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Don't forget to lubricate your stern light while you are checking out the bow LED's. They don't make the auto stern light anymore so don't forget to lube often. If not the plastic gear will strip and you will have to replace it with a manual one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.