New Heat Owner

Old 11-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This pulley is not flat like all the others on the engine
Old 11-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This tuff is amazing to buff out boats. Works better than anything I've ever used. http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.co...outh_Home.html
Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Great looking boat, and welcome to the Nordic family. Nice progress on the interior clean-up. Here's something else you might want to try. Get the basic cleaner/degreaser from Home Depot. Dilute to about 50/50 water, or maybe just a little stronger. Use a soft bristled brush to dunk in the solution, and spread on vinyl. Use circular motions and don't be afraid to apply some pressure. Scrub well. Wipe off immediately with a damp rag, and keep rinsing the rag. Wipe off again. Repeat if necessary.

As a finisher, use 303 Aerospace UV Protectant. Amazing stuff.

I've been using this process since I bought my boat new in 2002, and the interior has held up and looks quite a bit better than you'd expect for a 12 year old boat that gets used.

I2D.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Good advice from In2Deep, his boat is definitely one you'd never think is as old as she is so he definitely knows what he's talking about.

Great looking boat though! I love the graphics and color scheme, very class. You're gonna have a lot of fun next season!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Registered

I finished the base level of cleaning and put the boat away for the winter. Will get it 100% when I pull it out next spring.

One nagging issue is the PS pump leaking at the reservoir hose to pump body connection. I replaced the existing hose with a new mercruiser part as well as a new clamp and it still leaks out. Don't know what else to do but pull the pump while its down this winter.