Looking to buy a MCOB >

Looking to buy a MCOB

Notices

Looking to buy a MCOB

Old 02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a MCOB

I'm currently in the market for a 28-30' mid cabin open bow and would like some info from ACTUAL OWNERS OR PREVIOUS OWNERS. I've been looking hard at Nordic Heats but have considered a few other brands as well. I have looked at Cobra, Laveycraft, Kachina, Sleekcraft, Howard, Hallett, Sunsation, Shockwave and Magic. I looked at a Sunsation 288 and to be honest I was turned off by the lack of quality, very tight space, and the pad that starts at the front of the hull. I would like to know how well you liked them and your likes and dislikes. I have found a Nordic Heat that I really like and a Shockwave Magnitude 29 also. I will be doing my boating on Dale Hollow, Cumberland and the Ohio River so I am interested in handling as well. Also, if you know of any for sale please let me know as well I live in Cincinnati but I'm not afraid to drive. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Living and boating where I do and seeing your past boats, I'd keep an eye on the deadrise of what you look at. Otherwise you will likely be less than satisfied. I had a Sunny and was very pleased so I'm no help here.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered

Still looking! Went to look at the 2005 advertised on here in Indiana last night with cash in hand and it was a total RAG!!!! I would also entertain one without power!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a couple friends with MCOB rages. Awesome boat and much easier to tow/store. If you aren't boating in big water the quality in craftsmanship and efficiency in the hulls is very hard to beat going with Nordic. They went wood free in 2008, however you won't find a rotten transom on the previous wood versions. Overkill doesn't do it justice. Doubt you will find one without power, but you never know. Good luck in your search!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4928442712.html
Old 04-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Registered

I love my MCOB Rage. It is easy to store, tow, launch, and service. Lots of room in the engine compartment. Very efficient with fuel. Handles like a sports car even with a 496HO. I have buddies with Heats and one with a 29' Escape with an illmor. Bad ass and better for the bigger water but you need a bigger vehicle to tow and more storage plus a merc blue motor to break 75. That is the downside.