Lots of Questions New Nordic Heat 28 MCOB owner here >

Lots of Questions New Nordic Heat 28 MCOB owner here

Notices

Lots of Questions New Nordic Heat 28 MCOB owner here

Old 06-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Lots of Questions New Nordic Heat 28 MCOB owner here

I recently purchased an immaculate 2003 Heat. It has a new motor that has been built to an ungodly amount of power. Base block is a 496, every single thing has been replaced stroked to 540, JE blower pistons, Custom GM Mercury Racing Intake, 1 of 50 made.

XR drive etc. The laundry list is long as are receipts.
It runs extremely well and after reading as many post about XD i can see why it came with a 1 inch spacer, I need to install it. As when it plains it tends to blow out the prop and i have to throttle back.
With a labbed 28P B1 I am brave enough to bring it to 80mph 5200 rpm gps, that about where my skills are for now. Ill work on them a little at a time. I can push it further but frankly for me that where i am comfy at. I was told redline is at 6000.
The 28P seems short, it literally will jump out on plane regardless of load accelerates faster than my old Baja Hammer, the more trim the faster it goes. Scary to me. Using old knowledge it would seem to me it could got to 30P or better. It simply takes little to no effort to get on plane.
1. Will the drive spacer rid it of blow out?
2. Seems the more trim i put on it the faster it goes. Is this normal?
3. Rooster tail is huge, and always there, trimmed out its long but i keep getting faster. Is this normal?
4. Engine builder has 120 Degree T stat, it never see above that. He claims thats how he designed the motor. It take ab bit to get oil temp past 190 degree and builder says it needs to be 190-210 for oil to work properly. Is this normal?
5. It seems to like 2.3.5 chop, it rides amazing and seems to love that chop for speed. it just keeps going faster. Is this normal for this hull?
6. Builder says the current prop is good for 85-87 mph if i take it to 6K, Does this sound reasonable? He said a 30P would take it to just below 90 then i need to switch blower units tot he higher PSI unit that it came with ( it came with a second M3 Procharger and the mounting for it.) He said that would give it the close to 1000 hp it was designed for but would lessen the longevity of the motor. Does this sound about right?