Heat rear bench seat >

Heat rear bench seat

Notices

Heat rear bench seat

Old 05-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat rear bench seat

Anyone else having horrible luck with the brackets that flip up the rear bench seat. I am on my second replacement bracket.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 124 Posts

I hate...let me rephrase HATE those damn things....I have to constantly tell people to no step towards the front of the seat or else they will eat the front seat lol. I did break one side just from wear and tear so instead of buying the crappy replacements I had a welder buddy of mine make the flat parts out of thicker material...this worked 2 fold as it also lifted the front of the bench slightly to help with the flipping up issue...didn't totally cure it but it helped. I have considered when I do my interior refit next winter to redesign the backseat to delete these damn things. Try to find them in stainless...mine were aluminum which led to their failure...I'm sure you could find them in stainless somewhere...they're just a dual piano hinge essentially....good luck!!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Had the same issue with my Flame. got some replacements from Nordic. All 3 of my Advantage boats had the rear seat held in with HD Velcro. big strip across the front and rear of seat. Works pretty damn good.
The following users liked this post:
BBYSTWY (05-05-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

I feel the same pain with my '04 heat. I was thinking about the velcro idea as well with perhaps a couple small blocks that would drop in and keep the seat from sliding forward.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I think we all have the same issue. I just made a channel that clips under the back of the seat. Holds everything in place and no more issues with the seat flipping forward on people.