Older nordics yellowing >

Older nordics yellowing

Notices

Older nordics yellowing

Old 03-22-2022, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Older nordics yellowing

I'm looking at buying an early 2000's Nordic and noticing an issue with discoloration in many of them. Ive seen this in other boats as well but it seems to be more prevalent on the nordics. The cabin door and glove box door, and even the exterior gelcoat always seem to be a pure white, but everything else in the cockpit seems to be an off yellowish cream color. Does anybody know what's causing the different rates of discoloration?

Last edited by Jc77; 03-22-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never noticed the yellowing before until I looked at a picture of my boat. I'm not so sure it is actually yellowing. I think it may be the glovebox and cabin door are just a brighter shade of white. I could be wrong but when I am in the boat you really can't see the contrast like the picture.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:24 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 925 Likes on 465 Posts

my guess....and only that since i cant tell what the door and glove box door are made of....but i'd say they are either a different material (like starboard plastic or PVC) or the gel is different from what they used on the boat and the UV is not affecting them as much as the rest of the boat.
You can try and wet sand/buff the yellow out if its only on the surface....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!