Northern NJ spots

Notices

Northern NJ spots

Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Northern NJ spots

Originally Posted by hunster
Everyone is out on the water! Even mike! Just had to come in early to go see bon jovi (liberal azz hole) tonight or I'd still be out too! Tomorrow is another day. Man , the ex-queen was even out this morning on his bros pontoon with the kids (low tide , couldnt get that big hustler in) and this afternoon on the hustler. He is just a boating fool, Mr v = the new queen. Say a nice skater tied up manhasset creek! Even saw a velocity on the river , knew it wasn't gary , it was white not grey and had stripes on it
Whose Skater? Heard a JS almost hit him today Wasn't sure if jk got his in, I didn't think he would be running this far back. Also heard the queen was out in the Hustler, must have parked the pontoon in the afternoon.

I'll be out in a JS tomorrow afternoon blasting around the river. From what I hear this one runs almost 90mph Gonna be a bunch of us running around. At this rate I might as well shrink wrap the velocity. Having too much fun in other boats

Last edited by mr_velocity; 07-29-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Registered

Don't think it was JK in the skater , Bald head but unless he gained like 100 lbs it was someone else. I went out with a red J S today. Must have been a race boat , full cage , they got suited up and helmeted up and strapped in!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Whose Skater? Heard a JS almost hit him today Wasn't sure if jk got his in, I didn't think he would be running this far back. Also heard the queen was out in the Hustler, must have parked the pontoon in the afternoon.

I'll be out in a JS tomorrow afternoon blasting around the river. From what I hear this one runs almost 90mph Gonna be a bunch of us running around. At this rate I might as well shrink wrap the velocity. Having too much fun in other boats
Made a run with Billy and Chuck yesterday. I went in Jones Inlet/Freeport (Bracco's) and they went to Fire Island. Too bad I didn't have enough fuel cause it was an unbelievable day to run the ocean! Billy and Chuck said they were in some 15 ft. swells but,,,,I think the BS meter was on 10. I'd give it solid 4-5's with the occaisonal 6-7'. I believe there may have been a small craft advisory yesterday?? It was flat around the hook but once we got half way across the swells started picking up from due South. Jones Inlet had swells breaking in the shoals on both sides and we had to make a run for it between the breakers.

We got back around 4 pm and stopped over at the Island to go swimming and relax. Ran into a bunch of people who saw us leave earlier in the day. It was the epitome of Summer yesterday, I'm stoked and wanna do it over again.

Last edited by Panther; 07-30-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

So hunster how did the pics turn out? Right after you left the cops started hasseling us. At first he asked for our "race" permit. aaahhh, we're not having a race

Too many boats on the river today to really open it up. Gotta say, WHAT A WILD RIDE!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where were they bothering you ? What river ?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAP071
Pleasure Bay area of the Shrewsbury.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
So hunster how did the pics turn out? Right after you left the cops started hasseling us. At first he asked for our "race" permit. aaahhh, we're not having a race

Too many boats on the river today to really open it up. Gotta say, WHAT A WILD RIDE!!!
What about the 30+ sailboats I had to manuver thru going down the river this afternoon? Do you think they had a regatta permit?

Lookin forward to seeing the pics.

Mr. V, I wonder if I can charge back my water pump and 30 minutes labor to Navoo?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Mr. V, I wonder if I can charge back my water pump and 30 minutes labor to Navoo?
You'd have a better chance seeing me put 300hours on the Velocity this season.

The skiffs are cool, the boat I was in had a very worked 350 with a HUGE cam. Running 5500rpm the thing SNAPS to 7000rpm in the blink of an eye. Never seen that kind of acceleration in a boat before. I can't wait to do it again

The cops were just busting balls. They wrote one ticket for the owner not having his license, there were 100' from the owners dock and the cop said "I'm not going to your house." Nailed another for not having the proper fire extinguishers. Almost want to sell the little cat and get a js.....almost....
Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAP071
Yeah there was 3 jersey speed skiffs out in the river running together. I heard of them doing that before. They all were pleasure boats , no cages , so I guess just the big numbers on the sides of the hull got the marine police all nervous.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

Some pics of Mr V (js fever) and the skiffs today. I have higher res real large files, if they want them just pm me
Attached Thumbnails Northern NJ spots-ftmyers-015sm.jpg   Northern NJ spots-ftmyers-014sm.jpg   Northern NJ spots-ftmyers-013sm.jpg  

Quick Reply: Northern NJ spots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.