Lake Ontario run

Notices

Lake Ontario run

Old 03-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Ontario run

Any plans for a Lake Ontario fun run or poker run? I would be interested, I'm sure carrboy would be also. If there's only a few (4-6) boats, we could even use my place as home base (Port Bay). If there's more interest perhaps I could talk the owner of the anchorage marina into letting us use the docks (won't be free). He isn't using it as a marina this season so the docks will be empty.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

U know I'm in I can speak for at least 10 others out of Oswego that would love to...the last run we had on Lake Ontario was in '04 that the old "Woolsey's"held.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We will not be having a run out of Oswego again this year. The last run, 2 years ago, had little participation as interest waned. It is also very difficult to do one from Rochester without volunteer help there (and here) and the volunteers are burned out. We will be doing a "meet and greet" day at the Port of Rochester. The tentative date is Sun. June 24th. We hope to establish a wall side presence at the port for the purpose of trying to recruit new members. Around 3pm we will take off for a short run to a raft off party, The ultimate goal of this is to gain enough interest from Rochester boaters to return an actual run to Rochester by next year or the next. Wish you'd consider coming down to the Battleship Run on Seneca Lake July 21st. We hope to have some new things to keep it interesting.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Hi Bill, I actually greatly enjoyed the run 2 years ago that only about 10 boats did. I'm just looking for things to do on Ontario. After buying waterfront property and having a private launch .4 miles down the road, lots of trailering isn't on my want list. We will be doing the Pirate run , mostly because everyone in the club has told me it's a lot of fun, but not much more towing than that. I would consider the meet and greet if I can bring the kids, but it's the same weekend as the Pirate run.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

You won't be disappointed in the pirates run on seneca. great time. more boats this year then ever.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We know the June 24th meet and greet is the same weekend as the Pirate run but it is Harborfest here that weekend and we are trying to use that to our advantage to try to interest new people from Rochester as it will be a boat busy day here that Sun.
Having never been but hearing that the Pirate run is a good time also, I'm sure you'll have a good time but disappointed that you aren't also considering coming to our Battleship Run on Seneca Lake July 21. The weather in July is always nicer in central New York! You can have 2 great times. We have new ideas and prizes this year, as well as actually playing poker for the 1st time.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Depending on what weekend you had a fun run, there's a chance I could talk a few Oneida lakers into heading up to the big pond. We are considering an overnight and maybe checking out Sandy Pond area. sometime.

dt
Old 04-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Charter Member

Bill,
I'll check with the wife about the Battleship weekend schedule( I don't keep track of the calender for the kids).
Dan,
Let me know when you'll be out this way, I'll meet you or you can stop by my place, I'll be putting the dock out VERY soon.
Chris