Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake >

Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

Notices

Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

Old 06-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

You can find me just about every weekend on Sacandaga Lake from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. It is close to Lake George. The 21st - 25th of June there will be a big get together called the Rondack Romp. A lot of outboard guys get together. I occassionally go down the Hudson River to meet up with friends downstate and go upstate to Long Lake too.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered

I was headed to tht Romp But had to back out ...... If anyone wants to see some haul ass boats check them out!!! on Sunday they do a run 23 miles from Northville to the dam.....looks like a poker run some running over 100...
There going to have over 60 boats this year...

Jeff
Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90Velocity
You can find me just about every weekend on Sacandaga Lake from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. It is close to Lake George. The 21st - 25th of June there will be a big get together called the Rondack Romp. A lot of outboard guys get together. I occassionally go down the Hudson River to meet up with friends downstate and go upstate to Long Lake too.
Are there any good cabins/houses to rent on the water there? My wife is from Galway, with family still there, so we were thinking of spending a weekend there.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hottrucks
I was headed to tht Romp But had to back out ...... If anyone wants to see some haul ass boats check them out!!! on Sunday they do a run 23 miles from Northville to the dam.....looks like a poker run some running over 100...
There going to have over 60 boats this year...

Jeff
Every year I seem to miss the date it is on. I am on the Dam end. I've run back with them a couple times when I had my Velocity.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by slivings
Are there any good cabins/houses to rent on the water there? My wife is from Galway, with family still there, so we were thinking of spending a weekend there.
I do see them available in the Schenectady Gazette classifieds a lot. You can probably contact Cole Realty too. They are on the lake and probably know of soem too. I bet you could find them online too.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered

I'm on Sacandaga most of the time.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by iamtrip
Look for the OB guys to be tearing up some water there next weekend......near the state camp ground and the dam run is Sunday
Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by iamtrip
I'm usually on the north end. I do go to Sand Island or Sport Island Pub a lot. Maybe I'll see you soem day. I launch at the Edinburgh Marina.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking forward to my first boat trip to Sacandaga for the poker run July 28th(I've snowmobiled on that lake many times).

Are they pretty lenient with speeds/noise on that lake? Are there a lot of hazards like rocks, sandbars, etc.?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I'm looking forward to my first boat trip to Sacandaga for the poker run July 28th(I've snowmobiled on that lake many times).

Are they pretty lenient with speeds/noise on that lake? Are there a lot of hazards like rocks, sandbars, etc.?
So far I haven't heard of anyone getting ticketed for loud exhaust or speed. There is a 45 MPH limit in the town of Day at the north end. All the hazards are well marked. Just watch the danger bouys. The lake level changes throughout the year. It's usually higher in the spring and less chance of hitting bottom

Quick Reply: Upstate NY/ Sacandaga lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.