Sebago Lake Boat Ramp >

Sebago Lake Boat Ramp

Notices

Sebago Lake Boat Ramp

Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sebago Lake Boat Ramp

I heard a rumor that the Standish boat ramp was going to be inaccessable this year because the water district closed the road down and is allowing no parking. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:05 PM
KN
Registered

Were did you here this? If that is the case what a pain. What ramp do you usually use? I've never used the ramp at the state park and the Raymond ramp is to shallow. It doesn't really matter though. By the time all this snow melts the season will probablly be over.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

Haven't heard that but the ramp was a disaster by the end of the season especially with the lake low plus its usually a circus there anyway. I'll check with the town and find out. We usually put in at the state park ramp its nice and its very calm in there and the same price. Although once again with the low water you had to very carful getting out of the river. Hopefully we get alot of run off from the snow melt and get the level up. I agree the the way things are going the season will probably start in June.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

standish lost the rights to the property in a lawsuit with the water district. Courts ruled the PWD is a government entity and could push standish out of control. last year they limited parking and put up gates on the railroad tracks and on the back road. Last I heard standish was looking to the state supreme court to overturn the ruling. But the ramp would still be open untill a new ramp is constructed, but standish could not agree on a location.

If the ramp gets closed so does All access to that section of the lake. that was the reason for the lawsuit in the first place.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered

Maybe I'll have to look at getting a slip. I really hate to do that. I've got short pecker disease and like to look out my window and see the boat sitting in the yard. I also wash it before we use it and when we get home. Sebago isn't the only place we go either. Hopefully this will get resolved. Yeh, both ramps I use were awful the end of the season. The lake has not come up yet but we haven't had much melt off yet either. We went out the end of October and it was so low we couldn't get to the sandbar. I've never seen the lake that low. They do bring it down though every so many years to repair erosion and things like that.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

town manager said today it will be open this year, but every year a permit to use the parking lot must be aquired for use. he suggested that untill a suitable spot is located for a new ramp it will stay open.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Cool. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Fire um up and get um ready the docks went in on friday.
And the water looked like glass.