Notices

Winnepesaukee

Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Winnepesaukee

I started my boating life in a twelve footer on Lake Winnepesaukee in 1964 or so. Since then, I've been away from boating a total of ten years. I love it, I connect with it. While I've never been involved in the offshore style of boats, I've seen it grow from the old days.

Last edited by VtSteve; 04-23-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That forum sucks. They moderate almost everyone so posts come up in odd duck orders. I guess that they feel that is the only way to do it because of past events but seriously. What is the point.

Jon
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Only because it's the major forum for that debate is all. It's definitely not for the format or comraderie
Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
That forum sucks. They moderate almost everyone so posts come up in odd duck orders. I guess that they feel that is the only way to do it because of past events but seriously. What is the point.

Jon
I agree 100% - I tried to get into that forum and "debate" with those wennies but my posts would get posted a day or two after I submitted them, and loose all relevance. Don is a clown and runs that forum like a prison warden! TOOL!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
I agree 100% - I tried to get into that forum and "debate" with those wennies but my posts would get posted a day or two after I submitted them, and loose all relevance. Don is a clown and runs that forum like a prison warden! TOOL!

Whether the site sucks or not is of no importance to me. Obviously it's not the caliber that this one is. I've not had an issue there at all.

The best way to find the root of a problem is to listen to all sides. It's taken two years plus to find the core issues. It didn't take me that long at all, that's what I do.

When people have the ability and the support to enact legislation that can impact your favorite things in a negative manner, it makes sense to find out what the fuss is all about. In a nutshell,

1) It's not really about speed, as I guessed.
2) Noise (you've heard this one before I suspect)
3) Reckless behavior
4) Disrespect for the lake, it's residents, and boating.

That's what "Some" in the GF community have left as an impression on those folks. What percentage it is, I have no idea, probably the same few all the time.

If I could keep my lake from having a ridiculous speed limit by eliminating the real bozos that are screwing it up, I'd make sure I did it. It's easy to be contentious online, and it typically is. But go fats boaters have families like everyone else, and most take pride in their boats, not to mention the investments made. I'd wager a guess than most on this forum have far more boating expertise and common sense than the majority of recreational boaters.

I'd not frequent a lake that has the types of restrictions Lake George has on it now, and I suspect they have those limits for the very same reasons Winni is looking into it. If we're all lucky, the law will not pass, and better solutions will prevail.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I'd not frequent a lake that has the types of restrictions Lake George has on it now,l.
That is exactly what they are hoping for. There is a handful of dicks that are making a lot of noise about go fast boats and how danerous they are. They want to turn back time to the 50's

Bear Islander truly needs a smack up side the head to bring him to reality

Last edited by mopower; 05-06-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mopower
That is exactly what they are hoping for. There is a handful of dicks that are making a lot of noise about go fast boats and how danerous they are. They want to turn back time to the 50's

Bear Islander truly needs a smack up side the head to bring him to reality
I agree, but watch what you say . He comes over here to get ammo to use against us on the other site.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMAX
I agree, but watch what you say . He comes over here to get ammo to use against us on the other site.
That maybe true but, these PC liberals don't seem to understand how much money is infused into the area because of the GF boat owners. If they push some idiotic nonsense like this thru what is the down side. GF goes somewhere else and is replaced by a happier kayaker or migrant water fowl and overall how much will the local populous make from that?
ZIP.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMAX
Yeah but here you can speak your mind (for the most part).
Just like the whiner Evenstar the kayaker , she's scared because fast boats come to close to her. She should grow a pair and go paddle. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand granades.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mopower
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand granades.
And don't forget Nuclear weapons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.