Locations in CT river/LI >

Locations in CT river/LI

Notices

Locations in CT river/LI

Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locations in CT river/LI

I'm semi-new to boating and looking to figure out some more spots to hang out in the CT river/ LI area. Last summer we were with a buddy of ours and pretty much only ventured to The Pavillion (CT) and Claudio's (LI) and a bit around shelter island. Anyone know of other beach bars/ restaurants/bars/ etc... to stop and party at? I searched the fourm and didnt find to much info so far. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

theres always B.I its always fun out thwere
Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Block Isalnd Claudios as well as other bars resturants in Geenport(BBQ Bills) Sag Harbor LI, Port Jefferson, Milford has a great Port
Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

On the CT River you can hit the Back Porch @ Between the Bridges Marina in Old Saybrook or you can venture WAY up to Middletown and hang at Harbor Park.

You can make your own party in Hamburg Cove, just north of Essex.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We hit the Crab Shell in Stamford a fair amount. Sunday evening there is a big night....place gets packed. There is a huge outdoor bar/seating area.

http://www.crabshell.com/
Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

used to be a place called Sunset RIbs in Niantic, CT also Port Jefferson Long Isalnd has a spot.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Registered

Its too bad Dock and dine could get it together or this would be a great place to hang out.
They need to get and attendant and some tires on the docks over there and then things might get better.

Back porch is cool and then theres a place over by the good speed you can walk to. can't remember the name off hand.
Theres another restaurant near haddam meadows too but can't remember the name either.
SOrry My memory sucks.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
rjr
Registered

Bring fender boards if you go to Dock & Dine. ALSO!!!!!! If you venture even a few feet North of the dock you will go aground on ROCKS!!!! You will put on quite a show for those dining on the patio. PLEASE NOTE I said north of the DOCK, NOT north of the restaurant. You MUST leave by going directly perpendicular to the dock, or by going South. I was entering the dining room one afternoon as a 30+ foot Searay was leaving the dock. Before he had gone 50' I said to my Son..."that guy's aground". We ran to see if we could help. We got outside in time to hear him trying to "power off" the rocks. Sounded like a dinner bell ringing. After he shut off the motors his Daughter jumped overboard to try to push him off. The water came to her knees!

At the risk of making the place more crowded than it already is try Napatree Beach. You need to anchor out and dinghy in but it's a town much like Greenport. Also Lake Montauk has what you are looking for. Montauk has more Marinas so there is more opportunity to find a slip. Port Jefferson is another good destination but farther West. I have never been up the Thames River, but I understand that Indian country is a pretty nice boating destination. I concur that BI has it all. Anchoring in Old Harbor is free, and it is a short walk down the sea wall to all the hooting and hollering you can stand.

As for the places up the CT river. The speed limit on the river, and the many, many "No Wake zones" make anything beyond Dock & Dine a death march
Old 07-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

rjr is it better to come in along the mini golf and go up river to the dock? I know one the docks is used for a small long island sound cruise boat.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
rjr
Registered

I usually go straight for the center of the dock at about a 45 degree angle from the South. One great advantage is that the river current has usually pushed me toward the dock. The day the Searay went aground I pulled up parallel to the dock and let the current push me in. With only had a few feet fore and aft my Son thought I was Captain Kirk.

Quick Reply: Locations in CT river/LI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.