Crabshell in Stamford, CT

Notices

Crabshell in Stamford, CT

Old 07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Crabshell in Stamford, CT

Is it just me, or are the "dock attendants" completely worthless at the Crab Shell???? They can barely catch a line and they bark orders like an Admiral. I think it's a safe bet that none of them have spent much time on a powerboat. STFU and let me back my boat in....and yeah, let me tie it up myself too because you suck at that also.

Management should drop them like they dropped my lines last week into the water.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Good help is hard to find!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Registered

I dont know how they train their help but if I owned a place like that and didnt know all that much I would pick a few powerboaters with some real nice boats and comp their meals and drinks to have them show the help how to properly do it, and do it right. Just my two cents
Old 07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

good idea
Old 07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a bunch of A$$HOLES!!! I've spoken to mgmt about them in the past. I'm glad I am not the only one that feels that way. There is one attendant in particular that really gets on my nerves, for some reason thinks he is the man because he sits there and can tell people where to dock their boats. Last year after I docked my boat I went over to help my buddy in his 32 Skater, which by the way is not a cheap POS boat. The attendant was on on side of the dock I was on the other just to catch it in case he was a little off. The attendant yell at me to "..get off his dock...." I tried to explain to him that I was only helping and was clearly not anywhere in his way. I was so pi$$ed off that it took every once of restraint not to really let into this guy, but I didn't want to appear like "that guy" who shows up in a boat and thinks the rules don't apply, plus I'm not one to make a scene.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xconn92
Is it just me, or are the "dock attendants" completely worthless at the Crab Shell???? They can barely catch a line and they bark orders like an Admiral. I think it's a safe bet that none of them have spent much time on a powerboat. STFU and let me back my boat in....and yeah, let me tie it up myself too because you suck at that also.

Management should drop them like they dropped my lines last week into the water.
That place sucks!!!The bouncers are cops and stand over you like your a prisoner.Never go back
Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to Steamboat in Glen Cove instead.....
Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
That place sucks!!!The bouncers are cops and stand over you like your a prisoner.Never go back

They must know your from the south shore of LI .....
Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomFTM
They must know your from the south shore of LI .....
It really was not JC that the bouncers did not like. But they did stand over us like we were criminals.

But I am not from the South Shore....
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I have not been there yet this year.. I always had a good time every time I went there. Never had a problem with the dock guys, but like I said have not been there yet this year.

Quick Reply: Crabshell in Stamford, CT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.