boat at house near yankee marina???????????????????????for sale >

boat at house near yankee marina???????????????????????for sale

Notices

boat at house near yankee marina???????????????????????for sale

Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default boat at house near yankee marina???????????????????????for sale

looking for info on a 24x7 speedboat at a home near yankee marina in portland CT??? does anyone know the boat its for sale in a yard has a tarp on it says for sale i was told it was burgandy??? just wondering if anyone knew it before i try and find it its a 5 hour ride for me from my house upstate ny thank you very much Chris io or outboard? make? condition?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Hello- I know the boat your talking about. Ive never stopped to see it , but it looks like a banana boat or old scarab. Would you like me to take a look? Do you know how much they are asking for the boat? Have you talked to the owner at all?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro, you have been looking and asking for some time now and several good boats have been recommended to you with very good prices which seem to be close to your budget and some way below. How serious are you about buying a boat???? The schmidt racing 26 foot corsa is back for sale on S&F for $6500 with a # 3 on it, motor and external steering. You'll need to spend money on it if you want to go racing and the reality is you will spend money on any 24 foot boat you find under $10,000.00 to make it race ready. If you want an outboard, buy the corsa, sell the drive, motor and steering and seal the transom. Take the money and buy a bracket and a good used outboard. It will however be slow with the outboard. The package as it sits has alot of potential and is a damn good starting point. I redone a 1973 24 X 7 recently which now shows like new and has all the hardware to take it racing today. It also cost over $15,000.00 to do this less the cost of the boat, trailer and labor. You probably woudn't need to go this far as the boat seems to have all the hardware in it. Tell you what, if it's still sitting there in a week it'll be sitting next to my cheetah in a week and a day.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddy knows the whole story on that boat. Hes in the excalibur forums I think and is also out of east hampton look for him over there. He can tell you all about it.

If I talk to him I'll tell him about this post. Havent heard from him in a while though.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

Default lauderboats

dont understand the bashing how do my posts and me looking for a boat bother you?????? havent come across one that i really want im not rushing into it I have a boat to use for the summer. i will find a deal and i will buy a boat and it wont be to make you happy chris
Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey 21...
i'm sure jeff or i could go take a look at it if you want...we're always kicking around these parts...i always thought i'd end up with a twin bravo set up, but after a 24x7 w/ a 350/alpha, and the rumrunner with a pair of 'em, i'm glad i explored many, many options....
c
btw, when i'm feeling lazy, i run around the sound in a 21 cuddy proline w/a 150 e-rude...easier around the beach than the sut...
Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Default boat

hey man if your passing it stop and take a peek have a few deals working so whatever happens happens ive given up on trying to rush into somthing thanks for the help Chris
Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, wasn't bashing or intending to. I was over at S&F and it looks like you're on the Corsa. I think it's a good deal and congrats.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Registered

Default boat

thanks man sorry i took it the wrong way . i was just waiting for somthing to feel right. should be a fun boat poker run and p6. redo dash tune it up and run the sh*t out of it. i will post all new photos once i pick it up Chris