Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Anyone run sleds???? >

Anyone run sleds????

Notices

Anyone run sleds????

Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the machz needs atleast 144 studs. i make a bit more power with my 800 then a mild mod 1000 and i need 144 studs, but i run 2 on each row and every other on the outside. my sled hooks real good on grass, ice hard pack etc etc. it depends on the stud as well. i run the rotien hornets in my sled, they are super nice. way better then the gold diggers and mega bites i have tried.
what rpm does it engage at? that will tell you if its been clutched. if you need stock clutching for it let me know. i have stock 434 ramps and the stock spring in my tool box so i can change it back to stock if you want to. if its a clutch kit from some one it probably sucks, they usually doo for ski doo thats why i do it all myself now. got tired of spending 300 bucks a wack and getting crap results so i did it myself. now i have it down good and do it for people that dont like there clutch kits. when im done with them it works. not real good with the set u of a Z, but my buddy is and i can do the work in just a little while. its all the same.

let me know what you need, im a doo man. lol

i cant wait, my base gasket still on back order so i wont be running the grass this weekend, but soon i hope
Old 11-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I will give what I have a try and see how it goes. It may be that I am just used to my ZR's and this is just different then that. I did not really watch the RPM's that it engages. I will have to pay attention to that when I am actually riding not just loading it into the trailer. If you guys are headed up this evening you should stop on your way through Naples. I hope to be headed up early today (depends on work). Could go to Bray's and have a few brews.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, give it a shot and let me know if you need any help.
you should take it to the grass on sunday. we go to a feild in maine, its about 2 hours up. we go every sunday pretty much. went this sunday, about 25 sleds showed up.
we run 660 and we radar the sleds etc.
its a great time and all we ask is for a donation to the local club to go to the owner of the feild who also runs the club.
so $1, a fe bucks, $20, it dont mater.
its fun as hell