getting out on the water >

getting out on the water

Notices

getting out on the water

Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting out on the water

My name is nick, I'm looking for anyone in the philadelphia and NJ area that is willing to show me some ins and outs about the performance boating scene. I am willing to give gas money and help with the clean up after. Please let me know if you might be able to get me on the water in highperformance boat. Thank you very much
Old 08-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Anybody?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Nick,
So what are you thinking about? Buying? What are you thinking on getting and when? Budget, skills, ever boat before? Lots of help to be had on this site. I've met some really nice people and made some great friends. I've also recieved some great advice and help and I think I've returned the same.

Telling us a little more about yourself and your plans would help. Not to be too personal for instance I'm 53, work for the Philadelphia Fire Dept as a Fireboat Pilot on the Fireboat Independence for 7 years and on the job for 26 years. Married, Wife Vicki loves boating, 2 kids 23 and 20. Get the idea. Someone would be glad to take you out for a ride once they get to know a little more about you if you understand. Please don't take this as being discouraging. Just a little more detail would help. It sounded like you just wanted to pay for a boat ride. A ride in my boat as oposed to some other boat would be 2 different worlds. If your thinking of buying it would be helpful to you to have an idea of what you wanted then try to catch a ride in something close to your wants, needs and abilities. Keep posting and I hope I've been helpful?
Bill
Old 08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Nick, by the way theres a thread here for the Philadelphia area that has some local guys that run on the Delaware and upper Chesapeke Bay area. Try posting in that thread. lot of the threads in the basic NE are mostly New England, CT Etc.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Yep, what he said. Tell us a bit about yourself. I dont have a problem with scaring the crap out of you if that is what you want....
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

ditto.......
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

That's exactly what I mean! Beautiful weekend down the bay guys. Cat ran great, no issues other than needing more prop and breathers misting oil and making a mess. We need to hook up one of these remaining weekends. Jelly's was slow, caught some of the poker run boats later in the afternoon as we where leaving. Scared the crap out of myself. catching a little air at 100 or so. Keeps the heart going!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

I dont think we can hang with you for very long. I will be out on the bay all weekend weather permitting.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I only get stupid in short bursts. Usually hang back with Mookymonkey and cruise around 50. I know those "V" bottoms get a little beat up out there. Water was a little rough this past weekend. We want to make it down for the fun run on the 14th. Anyone else in?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I want to get some helocopter shots of my boat done at speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.