Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Red Bull Flugtag Philadelphia >

Red Bull Flugtag Philadelphia

Notices

Red Bull Flugtag Philadelphia

Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will have the cig out sat with the kids.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:32 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Split, the deep side is over Philly at Penns Landing. We're in the red Cat and the white Checkmate with teal and yellow. Alli, look us up! I think if we can anchor up under the Ben Franklin or just below should be great spot?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

ok we will be ou tommorow
Old 09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

I'll look for you guys
Old 09-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that was a lovely day on the mini ocean yesterday. 25 - 30 mph winds. 2- 5 ft consistent choppy swells. never saw the river get that crazy. plus all the idiot people driving around clueless. accident waiting to happen down there at the event. we are going out again today for a nice cruise then up to the cove or something. sorry we didn,t get to hook up with everyone. maybe see you today... mark
Old 09-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Registered

It was to crazy to try to hook up. I will catch up with you guys one of these days. I saw you all. It was crazy enough just anchoring. I am going to try to get out again this weekend. well see though.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered

never seen the river that crazy before in my life. Tried to set the anchor twice down under the bridge with no luck. Running low on fuel decided it wasn't worth the trouble. just headed back home. actually ran out heading into dredge harbor. refueled and just came back to tully for the afternoon.

allicat38 what does your cig look like?

saw mook and fire boat as I was heading down. got a picnic today, maybe be out later. will be in tully on Monday
Old 09-05-2010, 08:35 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Yea we gave up trying to anchor up after a few close calls. Got our butts handed to us on the trip back up river. I never seen it that rough and never had soo much water in the boat coming over the top. We got justt about to the Burlington Bridge when the bottom dropped out of one of those bigger swells, the boat slammed down and sparks and smoke came out from under the dash. Port engine cut of so we limped back to Neshaminy dock. Too rough to do anything out there. Turned out to be the main breaker tripped, wire for the lighter ground came loose and shourted on a buss bar. Reset the breaker so good to go.

We'll be out around 11 today. Probly cruise down Penns landing and then back up to Tully cove. Might check out that cove below the Skuylkill on the Jersey side? Easy day today, back is still hurting some.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered

Its white with yellow as the main colors. We had anchorng retrieval problems. The current and everyone being so close and trying to do it yourself proved to be a little hairy/embarissing. Came home with a little less weight (goodbye anchor). I drop the family off sat and went back out to play a little.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Allicat38
Its white with yellow as the main colors. We had anchorng retrieval problems. The current and everyone being so close and trying to do it yourself proved to be a little hairy/embarissing. Came home with a little less weight (goodbye anchor). I drop the family off sat and went back out to play a little.
nothing but running water