CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Notices

CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Jeff,

I've seen a president driving a Fountain... that doesn't mean we should all run out and get one... or ever be seen in one!

Okay... I have to admit, the windsheild is VERY functional!

But we'd talking about the Exact fountain the president was driving not ALL fountains.LOL
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10M
Going for the simple/clean look. Eliminated the pleats and racing stripes. Everything metal (brackets, hinges, bolster pedestals, grab handles etc.) is being powdercoated black. Also replacing the carpet w/black G-floor under grey snap-in carpet.
sounds like a sweet set up.

Cant wait to see pics of it finished.

I like the clean flat look who did the upholstery for you? what was the pricing?

John with the 38 dominator sutphen for sale has a really nice interior in his boat. super fat padding and its done really well. Its a very dense foam too so it doesnt colapse much I was really impressed I'll have to find out who did it for him.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by xconn92
I am a surety bond broker.

I will have to remember that, we dont get into that too much but you never know.

we do comercial buildings, houses anything really inn the construction field except road work.

She-it in this economy we'll build you a dog house if your willing to pay for it.LOL

My grandfather started the business in 1937

Built some of the mind mills over in long island on the beaches too.

He had a house in sag harbor years ago.

We also do interior trim and painting for other builders to help them finish that last 10% that so many people have trouble with at the end.

The turbo business is just my baby that started from me drag racing turbo cars.

Guys would always ask me to set them up or build them a set up and it just snowballed.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10M
Just don't try to turn it, stop it, or ride it on bumps! Those things weigh almost as much as our boats! I tried to find weight specs to figure out the power-to-weight ratio vs an 800 e-tec (or other lightweight 2-stroke) but they dont even publish it.
You're right. it is a point-and-shoot type of sled. My dad has an 07 F8 and that thing is heavy compared to my firecat and Rev. 800 E-TEC is what I want next. 430 lbs and 163 HP sounds like the ticket to me!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
10M
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
sounds like a sweet set up.

Cant wait to see pics of it finished.

I like the clean flat look who did the upholstery for you? what was the pricing?

John with the 38 dominator sutphen for sale has a really nice interior in his boat. super fat padding and its done really well. Its a very dense foam too so it doesnt colapse much I was really impressed I'll have to find out who did it for him.
Seafarer Canvas out of Norwalk, CT did it. They did a great job and it was done in a week. The only downside was they can't do embroidery, but I was up in the air about embroidering the logo anyway so I kept it off. I will post more pics when it's done but i'm not putting it back in till spring.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
10M
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
You're right. it is a point-and-shoot type of sled. My dad has an 07 F8 and that thing is heavy compared to my firecat and Rev. 800 E-TEC is what I want next. 430 lbs and 163 HP sounds like the ticket to me!
It is...I put about 2000 miles on our demo last year and it's the best out-of-the box sled I've ridden. Faster than Mach Zs and 800 powerteks, lightweight, good on gas etc. Will be my next sled for sure. Time for snow!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered

I dont know smack about sleds but I know I like turbos.

They do weigh a bit for something you may be jumping, for some classes we are using lighter turbine housings. they are expensive but they are a huge weight savings

Proabably will see something like that for sleds someday soon.