reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet >

reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet

Notices

reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet

Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reasons you havent joined the CPBA yet

Ok guys we have a great group of VERY loyal CPBA members and that core group has been wondering why the rest of the CT boys havent joined the club yet.

We have some input from a few of you( non joiners) it was very helpful to us and we are about to make some simple changes to help boost membership.

So far no one I have talked to has mentioned price as a reason.

Most have simply said they hadnt had the time to get it done.

some suggestions so far:

Make membership, decals, and T shirts payable with paypal

Make the application shorter and easier to fill out

Have some events for us to take part in.

get some super hot CPBA girls (That was me though)

I want to know if these are the same reasons the rest of you havent joined yet.

The Sad truth is that events cost money, and insurance for a 1 day event can cost $2500 or more. The club doesn't currently have that kind of money to put on our first real event.

we had allot of people say they wanted T shirts, so I had them made and they sold OK, but many who said they wanted them and even gave sizes never bought, It was the same with Decals. Had some more of them sold there would have been events this year

It has been the same core group of hardcore boaters from CT supporting the club the entire time. So please post up and let us know what we need to do to attract more of the boaters in CT who we see every week and in all the treads, but havent joined yet.

This Is A club for Connecticut boaters, By Connecticut boaters! There WILL be elections and the club WILL be run by the majority (hopefully not as badly as the state LOL)

So please post your opinions
Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff,

I know you've heard my 2 cents (and I'll be more than happy to join when you get the PP set up), but I'll add a little more...

My first thoughts (playing devils advocate here) are as follows:
What does joining the club gain me? Why bother having "club" events if the group has to come up $2500+ for insurance to meet up? Sounds like events or even maintaining the club/membership will be quite costly.

The reason I ask these questions is there seems to be a fairly tight group of locals and regulars that meet up and do things together without the cost or need to organize any further. We all carry our own insurance (or at least we should ), so I believe that covers the liability end of things since we are organizing as individuals rather than as a club.

Like I said, I don't mind joining or supporting the club, but I'm also guessing that the few dozen or so regulars in the area wouldn't be enough to support the monetary requirements needed to do things the club might be envisioning.

If you can make the answer to these questions crystal-clear to potential members, I would think the club would likely get more support.

Again, just playing devils advocate and trying to help.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

My brother and I are joining...you should see it this week. Jeff you need to call to remind me....Thats half my problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

No one else has any input for me?

Thanks moses can it possibly be that all you guys are just forgetting once you get busy??
I have heard that a bunch of times now
Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

there is really no reason not to join...if prospective members are worried about $25 you are in the wrong hobby...

my brother, scott, and myself are the latest members...

the purpose of the club is to organize gatherings of people whom share the same interest. it takes time and money to organize such events. again if $25 is too much...you should re-evaluate your passion

i hope more CT boaters join...
Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

F-U ct. boys seeing as we dont have a group and seems its only CT guys to join this
-Mike
Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
F-U ct. boys seeing as we dont have a group and seems its only CT guys to join this
-Mike
Hahahahhaa
Old 11-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Thought some one would get a kick out of that post....
-Mike
Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

-Mike
M--

Dude, I surely don't get the reference, but upon reading that post, I thought you might have taken a wicked bump to your noggin...thank goodness you followed up with a coherent post.....

--c
Old 11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

-Mike
Sick with the amount of times you have dragged your azz down here to run in the CT waters YOU should be a memeber too.

You dont have to live here. Just boat here ,and have silent ambitions of being as cool as all the CT performance boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.