CT guys with planes or Helicopters?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Here ya go buddy this is all you http://www.iconaircraft.com/
Old 12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen that whats the cost for one of those?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

buck forty and two years
Old 12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
10M
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Absolutely no F-ing way, the last thing I need is another expensive toy/hobby! I'm not really sure where I even park such a thing. Now a helicopter on the other hand...
My neighbor had a plane for 30+ years and just gave it to his son a few months ago. I've had a bunch of conversations with him about it and i'm amazed at how inexpensive it can be. Took him to Claudios this summer and he was amazed at how expensive boating is compared to the plane. Example: He watched me put $200 in the boat, drove over to Greenport at 50-55, gave the dock boys $40, all within about an hour. While over there he starts telling me about how he used to go to Block (from Chester) in about 20 mins, using about 10 gallons of fuel. I could be off a little on the fuel but it was waaaay less than the boat, even @ the cost of aviation fuel. I'll keep this short but he'd take his wife to bed-and-breakfasts in Maine for breakfast, Martha's Vineyard, N. Carolina for golf for the day, etc. Most airports have a $10 landing fee (not $10/hr or foot) and some would offer a courtesy car to drive around. His plane was older ('70s) but he paid less for it than most of us have into boats. Way less than some. After talking to him (and taking him out on the boat) we came to the consensus that the plane was cheaper to own than the boat and much faster. It intrigued me because I thought planes were out of the question for a guy like me, but it's actually possible.

Note: Major drawback to flying...absolutely no drinking!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10M
My neighbor had a plane for 30+ years and just gave it to his son a few months ago. I've had a bunch of conversations with him about it and i'm amazed at how inexpensive it can be. Took him to Claudios this summer and he was amazed at how expensive boating is compared to the plane. Example: He watched me put $200 in the boat, drove over to Greenport at 50-55, gave the dock boys $40, all within about an hour. While over there he starts telling me about how he used to go to Block (from Chester) in about 20 mins, using about 10 gallons of fuel. I could be off a little on the fuel but it was waaaay less than the boat, even @ the cost of aviation fuel. I'll keep this short but he'd take his wife to bed-and-breakfasts in Maine for breakfast, Martha's Vineyard, N. Carolina for golf for the day, etc. Most airports have a $10 landing fee (not $10/hr or foot) and some would offer a courtesy car to drive around. His plane was older ('70s) but he paid less for it than most of us have into boats. Way less than some. After talking to him (and taking him out on the boat) we came to the consensus that the plane was cheaper to own than the boat and much faster. It intrigued me because I thought planes were out of the question for a guy like me, but it's actually possible.

Note: Major drawback to flying...absolutely no drinking!
Yup thats what I am seeing, Insurance has a cost and maintanence can be costly when you get to a major overhaul $15 to $20k but upgrading a boat costs big $$ too.

I hear its about $70 per hr for fuel in most small planes, $100 in a helo like a r44.

My local airport is like $125 per month for outside storage and tie down.

Over all its not CHEAP but its not nearly as expensive as I expected it to be. Anyone looked at private golf club memberships lately. Wheeew Greens fees, minimum monthly spending etc.
all to smack a stupid little white ball around that wont go where the PHUCK I want it too anyway.

Ill take boating and planes anyday.lOL