Notices

hey ct boys...?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sell and build turbo set ups, They are simple to work on and run, they allow low octane, good fuel milage, and big HP to live in harmony.

The Turbo engine isnt in the boat and its old school tech for sure, The only thing youd probably keep is the manifolds and maybe the turbos. Youd want to go blow thru carb or EFI of some kind fast XFI , Accel Gen 7 etc. I havent done alot with boats and turbos, but I wouldnt ever build another N/A car for any sort of power, The turbos just make too much sense these days.

You could easily convert a set of merc type manifolds to twin turbo status and run blow thru carb for fairly inexpensive money and make 700 Plus HP!

Knew a guy that did just that and it ran pretty well and this was early on in the blow thru game, now the carbs are much better and more relaible.

Eventually Ill build one, Honestly It would make more power than Id be interested in being behind the wheel of and thats the draw back for me.

For me the hard part in a boat would be proping it and getting the drive to live, the engine and turbos would be easily done.

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 06-18-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Turbos on cars and bikes are sick! My first car was a 92 eagle talon tsi awd. I put a homemade blow off valve in it and ran consistent mid 12' s which was pretty quick for 17 yr old with basically a stock car with a tweaked Turbo. I've always been a Turbo fan since!
With that said I dont think I'd run a Turbo BBC in a boat. While they can def make big # 's. There would be Turbo lag down bottom and turbos throw major heat off, which would def get super hot under the hatch.
I think that's why marine Turbo systems aren't super popular. This is all just my opinion.
I'm prob just gonna take my blower motor add a superchiller to it to grab an extra couple ponies. Drop it in that 24 , and beat it good!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

That 24 SB was for sale last year also. And i think it has been on the market for a while. Not sure why but price is fair i would say.
-Mike
Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Boat looks Clean too!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

if you need a hand with anything on the pantera pm me and i will come up and help you do what ever to get it goin. awesome boat.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by innerrage
if you need a hand with anything on the pantera pm me and i will come up and help you do what ever to get it goin. awesome boat.
Sweet. Thanks. Def appreciate the offer!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
I sell and build turbo set ups, They are simple to work on and run, they allow low octane, good fuel milage, and big HP to live in harmony.

The Turbo engine isnt in the boat and its old school tech for sure, The only thing youd probably keep is the manifolds and maybe the turbos. Youd want to go blow thru carb or EFI of some kind fast XFI , Accel Gen 7 etc. I havent done alot with boats and turbos, but I wouldnt ever build another N/A car for any sort of power, The turbos just make too much sense these days.

You could easily convert a set of merc type manifolds to twin turbo status and run blow thru carb for fairly inexpensive money and make 700 Plus HP!

Knew a guy that did just that and it ran pretty well and this was early on in the blow thru game, now the carbs are much better and more relaible.

Eventually Ill build one, Honestly It would make more power than Id be interested in being behind the wheel of and thats the draw back for me.

For me the hard part in a boat would be proping it and getting the drive to live, the engine and turbos would be easily done.
Oh b t w wasn't trying to school you on Turbo set ups earlier, I'm 100% sure you know way more about em than me!! Just my 2¢
Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

did you get the pantera pictures any updates
Old 06-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Well I got the Pantera home today at 3 am. I made a lot of mistakes when I left to get it. Mistake 1: I decided to work all day Thurs, came home showered and drove all night to be in Detroit for 7 am. Needless to say I was pretty spent by the time I arrived.
Mistake 2: I was trying to be cheap on gas and opted to take the 08 grand Cherokee. Its gets 19 MPG and tows the 22 fine so it should tow the 24 without power no problem ..... WRONG. it pulled the 24 fine power wise but the 24 has a lot more tongue weight.the soft sprung Jeep didn't like this. so basiclly I had some major azz drag all the way home and felt like a moron.but hey I still got 17.8 MPG!
I left Detroit around 9am and me and the Mrs decided to knock Niagara falls off the list. Got to Niagara around 3 pm Friday. Looked at it, had some food and then I made mistake 3: I had my second wind and thought no we don't need a hotel. I can drive another 450 miles home no problem. Again ,WRONG...by about 1030 I was super tired being up for 30 + hours. I pounded a huge red bull grabbed a couple for the road and finally got home around 3 am.
46 hours of hell.

But end result is the 24 is here.
She needs some tlc but is definitely a good platform.
I originally wanted to awlgrip her all black, but the lay up on the top deck is wavy so now I'm thinking all white to hide imperfections better.
Hopefully work will start next week with the filling of the transom holes. Fill trs drive hole to make way for bravo. Glass in the dash helm hole on the port and move the helm starboard for one man operation.I'm going to start looking for a couple drop out bolsters too! This way I can add a little more comfort to the tiny cockpit.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Can't post pics but I might upgrade ghetto membership so I can post soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.