Originally Posted by DONZI
Boat looked sweet yesterday in f.r.
Didn't get a chance to talk to u
power? ??
MD
Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Brad, what size bopats run in this one? I assume smaller boats mainly?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't that lake like 2 miles across at its widest? Is there even a ramp to launch 40+ foot boats? Is it safe for larger boats or are there a lot of rocks and shallow areas?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mark, last run at webster the biggest boat was johns 47 triple engine fountain. smallest boat was a jet ski. scott had his 388 sling shot, mike had his 36 sonic, 33 baja and 33 scarab, my boat, lou had his 25 outlaw, joel had his checkmate, phil had his checkmate. there was a pile of boats. good times.
ss930, it is a smaller lake, its a small poker run that doesnt take to long, but it was a fun fun time. great boating with tons of great people. the after party was a blast!!! it was over all fun as hell, didnt use a pile of fuel, didnt beat the hell out of the boats, and still had a blast.

scott no longer has his 388, and john is redoing his 47 so i know those 2 are out but pretty sure the rest of the boys are in.

as for the lake, there are 2 areas that are shallow. one is a pass threw that you do not have to take, you can go around the outside. when we ran threw it we trimmed the drives up a tad just to be safe. and you need to be sure your a bit past the no wake before you hammer it. it gets to like 4 feet for a bit. a bigger boat may hit if you hammer it right at no wake marker. but 100 feet past it goes back to like 12-20 feet.
the other shallow area is a little inlet that gets shallow in the center but last run we took the guys that didnt know the lake and ran them threw that area where it was safe and they do not set up a card stop in there so no reason to go in there.

we finished the run in like 2 hours. some guiys took 3 or more but we went to sand bar and partied till the after party. lol

no open containers on the beach so bring a cup and your all set. cops where very very boater friendly. not one person in trouble, not one ticket at the last run.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

also, as for launching, there is a spot no problem you just have to look in the water. the ramp is like 50 feet wide but unly 20 feet of it would work for a big boat.

if your looking to do a crazy off shore poker run and run 80-100 mph and burn 300 gal of fuel wrong run.
if your looking for a fun, calm day with tons of fun, fresh water flush for the boat and trailer, great food, music etc etc. this is a great run.

anyone that doesnt know the lake hit me up, i can help or get mike or joel to help. they know it real well. who ever wants to go they can travel with me up there and ill give you what ever info you need. and put you in the right direction
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

here is a map of the area. its great but i will see what i can do.

http://www.websterpolice.com/lake.pdf

the big boat ramp with parking is over near 3 and 4

8 is the start of the run, thats where we meet. the c right next to 8 is a shallow area where you may want to trim up a bit with a big boat.

the shoal over by 23 is the one thats a bit scary. you can go around it no problem but not threw center. i choose to stay out of that one small area.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Boat looked sweet yesterday in f.r.
Didn't get a chance to talk to u
power? ??
MD
Thanks Scarab63 ! Hopefully i'll see ya at Webster if all goes well.BBC 510 W/extras.

Great info NOYZEE ! Thanks for posting.
Can ya reg. same day ??
Kenny Lessard

Last edited by DONZI; 08-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Not this time

I made it last year (but had to leave early). It was pretty fun. Can't make it this year - heading to the Cape that day.

Have fun!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DONZI
Thanks Scarab63 ! Hopefully i'll see ya at Webster if all goes well.BBC 510 W/extras.

Great info NOYZEE ! Thanks for posting.
Can ya reg. same day ??
Kenny Lessard
yes you can, but the spots are filling up fast. the place only holds like 300 people and they are already at like 200 plus on pre reg. i think like 267 or something. lol its a party and a half!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM

So how long does the run take? I have to put crew together and i,m in! YEAH BABY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.