Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
new hamphire boaters licence >

new hamphire boaters licence

Notices

new hamphire boaters licence

Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

Winni is a joke. They make access to the lake nearly impossible for visitors with any size boat. Noise, speed police and permit hassles. Unless you live on the lake you totally feel like you are not welcome.

Go to Sebago...the way lake boating should be.

Or head offshore, the best boating by far.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
Winni is a joke. They make access to the lake nearly impossible for visitors with any size boat. Noise, speed police and permit hassles. Unless you live on the lake you totally feel like you are not welcome.

Go to Sebago...the way lake boating should be.

Or head offshore, the best boating by far.
I agree, however Sebago is pretty blan when it comes to destinations compared to Winni. I think the local towns could do alot more to attract buisness on the lake.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what you guys do to get flipped off in an 18' Donzi, or why you can't find a place to launch . .

I've boated on Winni for 45+ years, run an open exhaust Magnum 27 , and a 70+ mph Donzi 18, never been stopped in either, never been flipped off!
obey the safe passage rule of 150 feet and you won't have any issues!

Launching is not an issue
Wolfeboro has 2 free ramps
Alton Bay has a free ramp
and a pay ramp
West Alton Marine has a ramp
Roberts Cove marine has a ramp
Fay's Boat yard has a ramp
Silver Sands in Gilford has a ramp
Meredith has a public ramp
Center Harbor has a public ramp
and there are more!

If you're concerned about a speed ticket, bring a V1 / Valentine 1 , it's no different than driving over the speed limit on the highway!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Launching is never a problem for me up there. And I might add ,that boating at the lake is the very best. There are tons of places to go and an absolutely beautiful place to be.
But with the new speed limit, and noise issues your much better off in a non performance boat. Maybe a canoe !
I make joke !!!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mario L.
I don't know what you guys do to get flipped off in an 18' Donzi, or why you can't find a place to launch . .

I've boated on Winni for 45+ years, run an open exhaust Magnum 27 , and a 70+ mph Donzi 18, never been stopped in either, never been flipped off!
obey the safe passage rule of 150 feet and you won't have any issues!

Launching is not an issue
Wolfeboro has 2 free ramps
Alton Bay has a free ramp
and a pay ramp
West Alton Marine has a ramp
Roberts Cove marine has a ramp
Fay's Boat yard has a ramp
Silver Sands in Gilford has a ramp
Meredith has a public ramp
Center Harbor has a public ramp
and there are more!

If you're concerned about a speed ticket, bring a V1 / Valentine 1 , it's no different than driving over the speed limit on the highway!
I agree, I've been up there every weekend with twin 454 outlaw and nobody hassles me. There's lots of outlaws on the lake , a few topguns and a couple of outerlimits. No noise police and no speeding tickets if you keep the 150' away and don't be a fool. Braun bay is aqwesome and lots of places to go.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

Sure there are ramps but try parking your truck and trailer for the day when you are out on the lake.

I think Ames Farm was the last of the big boat launch and park places.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to say yes, the days of me and my friends going there for 2 weekends a summer are over. The noise thing started and we got mufflers then the speed limit . You get the point. Sadly its not like it used to be at the Naswa, but I still like takin a ride up to have lunch or hang for a night. I never met a local who wasn't nice and never had a bad meal. Actually I recently just had a cheese steak at Patrick's while looking at a boat no longer used on the lake with all the issues in place. Good sandwich! Plus, I love to ride in my buddy's bass boat which is cool because you can go 100 and not raise to many eyes at 6am. Never knew it was so important to get to the fish so fast.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Performance boating on Winni is no different than in the past.....just use common sense, make sure your equipment is in order and don't violate the 150 rule. The speed limit is a joke as the vast majority of boats can't even even get close to 45MPH. If you want to crank it up a bit, get out in the middle and away from others - nobody will bother you. I have switchable exhausts with Corsa tips on a 500EFI - never had a problem...................come up and enjoy the lake as there are only a few weekends left!